Live well question

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by adamant, Jul 9, 2007.

1. adamant

adamant New Member

new jersey
    any tips on screwing in and out the livewell stem in the tank?:angry:
    i never used one before so i asume that to empty the tank you need to un screw them stem to drain it..well i had to put pliers on it and in time it will crack..
  2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

sounds like the threads are boogered on it. i unscrew mine just about a turn and a half that way id dont drain out too fast. i let it drain a little and turn the pump back on to fill it till it spills out the overflow. i'd like to find a check valve that would hold the water in but, let me open it up to drain it. i get tired of either having to open and close the valve. or keep a constant eye on it so it dont get low. anybody have a suggestion for this, p.m. can get the spray heads replacements from

3. fishhook

fishhook New Member

Willow Woo
    I can't help you on the threaded pipe, my Invader has 2 livewells but the overflow pipe drain is made of rubber where the pvc overflow just sticks down in them with a very tight fit. I pull the pipe up a little to drain the waste off the bottom every now and then but I leave my pump running all the time that I have live bait in there, mostly large bluegills.