Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting .. new to me boat 1991 Grumman .. can anyone help understand what the red plug / hole on back is .. it is silicone closed .. small white one next to it is I believe the live well drain
Thanks
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Asphalt Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
It could have been a live well intake, what is behind it on the inside of the boat? If there is a pump or at least a mounting plate for one I would speculate that is what its original function was. I have no idea why it would have gotten plugged unless the PO decided to bring water into the live well from another location.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could have been a live well intake, what is behind it on the inside of the boat? If there is a pump or at least a mounting plate for one I would speculate that is what its original function was. I have no idea why it would have gotten plugged unless the PO decided to bring water into the live well from another location.
Looks like possible plate .. I’m guessing that what it was .. last time had boat I tried to fill live well for the first time and nothing came in ….
The drain wouldn’t also be used to fill would it ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like possible plate .. I’m guessing that what it was .. last time had boat I tried to fill live well for the first time and nothing came in ….
The drain wouldn’t also be used to fill would it ?

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,411 Posts
The red ones probably the intake for the live well if it came with a live well from the factory..
. It has to be able to take water in and drain water out mine are both on the back of the transom along with the plug for the boat so actually I have three ports in the back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts