Live From Lake Wylie 9.21.09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Sep 21, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Just got gas and heading to the lowqer lake. Brought some perch rodsn so hopefully I can finda them suckers.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Let me know where you find them suckers{perch}at,I am going out teusday or wednesday morning to try and round up a few for Saturday myself:wink:

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey good luck to you there Dieter.

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    9:13am and I have six in the boat very quickly. The first cove that had bait last weekend was empty so I left without wetting a hook. Went to the windblown side of the lake and found fish right away. No white perch though.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    10:21am
    Passed back over same area headed downstream into the wind. Caught 4 on this pass for a total of 11 fish, all channel cats.

May work further down the creek to see how far down the biting fish extend.

Still cloudy with a slight breeze 3-5mph from the northeast.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Made the third pass over the same area and put four more in the boat. Left that creek with 15 fish.

Ran down the lake to another creek to try and see if there is a working pattern.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Heading to the ramp.

Six in the boat on the last drift. Pattern works in at least two creeks.

Ended the day with 21 channel cats.

8. tha ''GUTBUCKET''

tha ''GUTBUCKET'' New Member

State:
    GASTONIA,NC WYLIE
    CALL ME WHEN YOU GET HOME , I'LL COME OVER AND SKIN'EM CUT THEIR HEADS OFF, AND GUT EM, HAUL OFF THEIR GUTS, GO BUY A COUPLE OF GALLONS OF OIL, SOME FRIES, MAKE SOME HUSH PUPPIES, SOME SLAW, GET SOME KETCHEP,TARTAR SAUSE, HOT SAUCE, HEAT UP THE OIL , SOAK EM ,FLOUR EM, COOK EM' CLEAN UP ALL THA MESH.........NEVERMIND TO MUCH TROUBLE AND M$NEY, JUST MEET ME DOWN AT TWIN TOPS:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

9. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I did my fish cooking the other night. Kept eight 2-3 pound channel cats for the fryer. From the looks of things I need to keep a lot more of the 2-3 pounders from Lake Wylie. That seems to be the predominant size right now!

10. tha ''GUTBUCKET''

tha ''GUTBUCKET'' New Member

State:
    GASTONIA,NC WYLIE
    GET READY.IT'S COMING

11. Mongo77

Mongo77 New Member

State:
    Henrietta,NC
    Hey Wyliecat im new to catfishing and am really digging how your updating on the lake,i've been to wylie the past 3 weekends,just wandering if you or anyone else can explain the drifting technique,i thing i tired it the other night but just seemed to be going in circles......lol

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Mongo77, there are probably some well written explanations in the BOC library.

If you are going in circles you probably did not have much wind, and if you don't have wind you need a trolling motor.

Maybe one day you can jump on the boat with me on Lake Wylie and I can show you how I troll/drift and then you can apply what you learn to your style of fishing.

13. Mongo77

Mongo77 New Member

State:
    Henrietta,NC
    I think that would be awesome,i love learning all i can about anything i jump in to,im gonna look at the Library when i get home from work tomorrow,and thanks for the willingness to help me

14. crashman

crashman Guest

Thanks again for the live posts.

15. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    How bout a live video feed??:big_smile:
    Wyliecat Cam

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Jerry, he has the technology. That probably won't be too far off, can't wait to see what this guy can come up with next:wink:

17. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...How bout a live video feed??..."

My way of doing them involves a satellite truck and costs about $4,000...LOL!! We did one today from Hendersonville, NC that was seen around the world on ESPN2.

For now, and on MY BUDGET, taped video feeds are the way to go and are more easily achieved with todays handheld technology. Sadly, Paul does not have this site up to speed for that kind of community viewing. YouTube is the leader in the taped technology and some smaller lesser known sites host live feeds, but they are of marginal quality.

One day I am sure we will have live video right here on the BOC.

:wink:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  18. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    we barely got live fishermen and they strugle to keep all them fish they catch alive but if your like me they comit sueside anyways i like to eat them im trying to get dieter to take me fishing on wylie so i can see if them nc fish eat like these sc ones do the ccc needs to have a fish fry someone needs to second this so we can vote on it see you soon the roundhill:crazy::crazy: