Live Bait

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by orion_xxvx, Mar 14, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Does anyone use longear sunfish for live bait? I think they are best bait around. I havent had the chance to use the holy grail of bait (skipjack) yet though.

2. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I have used brem live alot. I am not sure what a long ear is but I have used whatever we catch with a brem pole. Had some nice cats, snakes, and even a blue herin.

3. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
  4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use green sunfish every trip out. I always have a supply of sunfish, warmouth, and other baits such as smallies, larhemouth, bullheads, and creek chubs sometimes. It's tough to find a more wired wild bait than a them greenies and smallies though. bullheads are pretty good as well. i have caught a ton of big flatheads on them...rollo

5. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    too me that is the bait of choice.

6. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I would have to say it is right up there with the best of the baits that can be used, bullheads are excellent, they just wont die, but if you access to a goldfish pond, they are my bait of choice.

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    bluegill and long ears are pretty much the same thing. they are a great bait. i would use shad if i had any access to them, but they jast arent out here.

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    sorry i posted before i looked at the picture. we used to call these punkin seeds back home when we would catch them. and yes they are an excellent bait.

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have used them with great success. my favorite bream is those big mouthed green sunfish, especially when their fins turn orange, great bait!