Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have used brem live alot. I am not sure what a long ear is but I have used whatever we catch with a brem pole. Had some nice cats, snakes, and even a blue herin.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
I use green sunfish every trip out. I always have a supply of sunfish, warmouth, and other baits such as smallies, larhemouth, bullheads, and creek chubs sometimes. It's tough to find a more wired wild bait than a them greenies and smallies though. bullheads are pretty good as well. i have caught a ton of big flatheads on them...rollo

·
Registered
811 Posts
I would have to say it is right up there with the best of the baits that can be used, bullheads are excellent, they just wont die, but if you access to a goldfish pond, they are my bait of choice.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
bluegill and long ears are pretty much the same thing. they are a great bait. i would use shad if i had any access to them, but they jast arent out here.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
sorry i posted before i looked at the picture. we used to call these punkin seeds back home when we would catch them. and yes they are an excellent bait.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
i have used them with great success. my favorite bream is those big mouthed green sunfish, especially when their fins turn orange, great bait!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.