live bAIT

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, May 16, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    WILL BLUES IN THE MISS TAKE SMALL LIVE BLUEGILL, I THOGHT ABOUT THAT, BUT EVERYBODYS SKIPJACK THIS AND SKIPJACK THAT LOL, I NEVER EVEN SEEN A SKIPJACK IM IN CENTRAL ILL, NO BOAT, IM A FLAT GUY, BUT, IM GETING REAY REVED UP FOR TRIYING TO GET BLUES, FROM ALTON FROM THE BANK

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    They will work but you will be better of cuttin them up.
    Shad or skipjack will probably get more hits though.
    Dont overlook cut carp or drum. Get what you can get and cut it up.:smile2:

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i just blew my mony on a rod and a 150 spool of power pro and gas, and food for tomarow, going blue fishing here in ill powertone lake, wish me a 30 pounder at least,:roll_eyes:

4. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Wishing you a 60 lber, and, like Kyle said, cut em up, shad, carp, gills, etc. Good luck to ya

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    What I use for bait most of the time is a large as I can get bluegill minus the head and tail. Then I'll usually use the head on another line.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i found out they dont care , what it is as long as its cut, got two missed three runs on my cliker, ,but this was a stoked lake, the average is 15 pounds but holds alot of 30s, and a few pushing 60 pounds, easy to fish, ,also you dont half to cast a mile with 8 0z weghts, like the alton area, might stick with this spot, if i got a 15 ill get a 30, its powertone lake