Live Bait and Chicken Livers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BARathke, May 28, 2009.

1. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey Everyone - I have off tomorrow, so I'm going out for a couple hours tonight with a buddy.

We plan on catching some sunfish and use them as live bait for flatties. I plan on using one pole for live bait (sunfish) and one for chicken livers.

Would it be better to use one for live bait (sunfish) and use fresh cut up sunfish on the other pole since flatties don't like chicken livers? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks for the replies.

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Channels love chicken liver for sure. I would use a live and a bluegill head. It all depends on whether you want to throw channels into the mix or not. If the gills die on you or you have some left over cut their heads off and put them in the liver bucket until your next trip. This has the blood effect of liver but they can't get it off.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,d definitly go with the sunnies-I,d go with live on both rods.If you do like cut bait,I,d still go with the cut sunnies,they,re more natural and i think they,ll leave a better scent trail.Either way-Good luck and Good fishin.:big_smile:

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    live and cut sunnies for sure, leave the liver at home:wink:

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It depends Livers do catch cats up to 10lbs. I use Chicken Livers all the time.