little too much water

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Mar 9, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
  2. rollinrooster69

rollinrooster69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    tim lets get out there with that high water level.

3. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    thats supposed to make em bite right? haha

4. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    to bad water temps aren't in the mid 50's to 60's!

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats too much water even at summer temps. the river is way out into the fields and the cats are spread way too thin to have good action at this height. i consider 8-12ft perfect height on this river. very predictable locations then:wink:

calm down rooster, it will be time in a few weeks buddy. lol

6. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    If you do a search for Louisville District Daily Lake Report then click on the link. This will show numerous lakes and reserviors in Indiana and Kentucky. The list will show flood stages, summer pool levels and even out flow. Then you can take a closer look at a specific body of water like J.E.Roush(huntington) lake by clicking on the name of the lake or reservior. Thses links will show show maps that have boat ramps listed. U can also find out about other recration services through this page. Have fun with this one guys! I use this a lot when fishing up north.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    your correct about the online river scales. i have been using them for about 8years now. i even had the temp on one of my rivers graphs,then someone higher up took it off.:sad2: all i did was contact the site talked back n forth a couple of times(to an obvious fisherman )and he said its there for ya. man that was great to know when to go try those spring flats,by temp readings, without having to waist time checking it manually. having info like that at your finger tips is invaluable and definitely upped my catch ratio!

8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Definitely be safe from hitting any stumps :smile2:

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    true boss but they will hit you. :crazy: its coming out of town so stumps mite be a fridge. lol

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    ...or a body:eek:oooh:

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yeah thats true! 4 years ago one of our members found a body there,remember that matt?

12. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    HEY !!! down here in lafayette we they still got a body missing in the river from december that they can't find :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! it should be real interesting to start hitting the water when it goes down:eek:oooh:

13. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah Tim, that's why I said it!

When I was working in Massachussetts (sp?) a couple kids were swimming in the Conneticut River by our office when the water was high & 2 of them drown & they couldn't find the bodies. They asked us to go out on the river & set our gill nets to try to catch then when they started floating. I found some other pressing work to do that day. I've pulled some nasty stuff out of gill nets but at that time in my life I wasn't prepared to pull a dead boy out. I let some of my co-workers take that duty.

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that would be bad with kids in the deal:sad2:

15. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Speaking of finding bodies, 1 of my brothers-in-law found a body/skeleton in the spillway at Catarac last summer:sad2:
    Spooky when they "turn up" when ur fishin w/ ur family.