Little 'Sunbird 1'

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunbird, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I took my 4 yr. old son Hayes to lake Wateree this afternoon and evening for a little fishin. My Brother Matthew and GatorT came along for the ride as well. The lake had cooled off almost 10 degrees since I was there last week. Fishin was still tough!:confused2: We didn't have much time but we made the most of it. Hayes did show all of us up as he was the only one to catch a fish! Guess he knows BIG STUFF!:roll_eyes: Since the fishing was slow I gave him a 'secret weapon', something I keep under the console for special occasions, to play with. A sling shot! He had more fun shootin all my sinkers out into the lake than fishin!:smile2: When 11pm rolled around Hayes asked to 'rest my eyes' for a minute. I Love that boy!!! GatorT and Matt, Thanks for the fun evening, you guys are great! My trailer running lights didn't come on when we decided to leave.:angry: I played with them for a while and never did get them working, now Moma gonna get me tomorrow for keeping Hayes out till 2:30am!:eek:oooh: I rode all the way home with my hazards flashing, what else could I do?

Every trip is an adventure when you know...........!!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sounds like you have a good time.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report. I hope the bite has picked up at the Santee by next weekend!

BB in SC

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks for the first smile of the day ; )

-Jim-

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You all had a great time Jon. Thanks for the post!

6. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad all of yall had a good time in spite of the fish not biting. the picture with your son and you holding the fish and the one with him passed out on the front of the boat are priceless. Hopefully that will be my son and I one day once he is born.:big_smile::big_smile::wink:

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Thats awsome buddy,,
    Those trips he will remember for a lifetime,,,
    Great job...:wink: Reps to you brother...:big_smile:
    Puddle

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    That full moon has everyone scratching there head (along with the cooler weather) I can't wait till next week.:big_smile: Glad ya had a good time sunbird, catching fish is just a bonus, being with family and friends on the water is just something that kinda sticks with you and gives you memory's.
    I think back over my years of fishn and the memories of fishn with family and friends comes before the big fish i have caught.

9. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Sorry guys I forgot to post the last part of the story.:tounge_out:
    In Pop Pop's absence Hayes felt compeled to 'TRY' and drink Pop Pop's man colas for him.:eek:oooh: That's how he ended up face down in the floor!!:smile2::smile2::smile2: Light weight!!:roll_eyes:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  10. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    You better not let mama read this,,,:angry:
    Puddle

11. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    he is learning early:wink:

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:smile2: JON!!! NO you did NOT let him drink MAN colas! And don't go talkin' 'bout Doug, he's sick. :wink:

Love the pictures bro, thanks. :cool2:

13. slojam

slojam New Member

State:
    scarolina
    yeah right sunbird :roll_eyes:,since readin ya'lls posts for so long, when tucker(also4) reaches for one i pop his little fingers(not hard) &say nope,those are "man colas".:big_smile: (poppop said so)(i'm papa)

14. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    That's a great thing that you're doing, Jon, taking your son out with you (especially out late)! You're creating a lifetime of incredible memories for him. Funny thing about that picture of him asleep: At fist glance I thought that it was one of Pop Pop during your recent AL trip! :smile2:

15. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Just gotta say that was a nice trip. Sure enjoyed myself. And I got two new friends out of it, too - Matthew and Hayes.

I sure do appreciate you including me in your fishing trip.

And tell Hayes for me that next time, I promise him more fish. And I'll see what I can do about getting him some loads for his slingshot that might be a bit less expensive than 1/4 ounce lead! :wink:

I was really impressed with that little fella - it surprised me how much the fishing held his attention, even with such little action.

But he told me, he knows big stuff!!! (and he proved it by skunking us!)

16. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You sure do have a cute little fella there, Sunbird!

We have got to get our boys together for some fishing, soon. I know they'd have a ball. Don't think my fella would have the staying power yours did, though. But he sure does want to catch a fish.

Good job there, Daddy, for bringing him along. And for little ones, it doesn't matter if they're not in their bed when they get tired. Knocking out anywhere is just "adventure sleeping." :wink: