LITTLE STINKER QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by twisted, Jul 16, 2009.

1. twisted

twisted New Member

i know some of you guys have had to of used this stuf from uncle josh's. its a tube of stink bait and you can buy a little tear drop bait holder tube and hook.i think it comes in 4 flavors. i seen it at the store today and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it and if so what flavor you find works the best ?

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I have seen it but never used it. I use secert seven.

3. twisted

twisted New Member

fishing has been very slow up here in the north east due to all the rain i assume. im looking for anything that can help.

4. ronniethomas

ronniethomas Member

State:
    iowa
    I'm always buying that kind of stuff and storing it in my tackle box for days that i didn't have time to go get bait and still want to get some fishin done; i know the stuff u're talking about and i've tried the rotten shad and the blood liver and never had any luck with it. I fish mostly rivers and thats all i've used it in so if your going out to a lake or a pond you may have a little bit of luck i don't know as if the scents are strong enough to hold in the rivers maybe if your in a spot with some real slow moving current.

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've used it before with some success but only in ponds..Never caught anything with it in the lakes or rivers..Thats been years though since I've use any kinda prepared bait like that..I always use natural bait from the water I'm fishing..Every once and a blue moon I'll wrap up some liver in cheese cloth or use chicken breast but thats about it..

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I've never really had any luck with it. I'm usually using live baits waiting on the big ones to bite.

7. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I have used it many times. in ponds it works real good for channel cats.

bill.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    my dad bought some hes never gotten so much as a bite on it.Id get some secret 7.

9. twisted

twisted New Member

well doesnt sound like you guys have had much luck with it. thanks for giving me the heads up so i didnt waste the money.

ill guess ill try some chicken livers. ill get some of that magic string and give it a try.

thanks guys.

10. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I've used that in lakes and rivers, not so much as a bite on it ever. I think a regular dip worm (the ridged kind you can buy pre-rigged) works much better dipped in Sonny's or Secret-7. I have used the Uncle Josh dip worms with success, just never with the Uncle Josh bait.

11. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Save yourself the hassle get some Secret 7 and some mini furry thangs or tube bait holders and your in bussiness.Oh I forgot you might want to try Looper Rigs :wink:
    Loop