Little sister got a Citation Bream!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., May 28, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My dad and I took my little 4 yr old sister, Ciera, out on the river in the new boat today. We trolled and cast with Rattletrap, and crawdad rebel, lures. We wanted to get a bunch of Bream and Perch to use for the Blue Cats tonight. Well we didn't catch a lot of them, but we did get about 5 or 6, but the thrill was my little sister catching a citation Bream that weighed exactly 1 pound and 1 ounce. She was just so happy about it, it was really awesome to watch her reel it in, she was laughing, and screaming about it. My dad also got probably about a 2-3lb Pike, which was pretty cool. I got a few Bream too, now I'm ready to go to the lake tonight for the big Blues!

Here are a few pictures, Take a kid fishing!:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can't hold her back now, She's a fishing girl and a cutie to boot.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    She has already loved to fish since we took her out earlier in the year and she caught some big shad. But now she has become a fishing addict just like her Brother and our dad....LOL

Zakk:smile2:

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    so what is wrong with that tell way to go

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Zakk, looks like you got a great fishing family there! I don't see many people your age that have it together as much as you.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great pics,thx for sharing! Tell her congrats for me!!!

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Zakk,
    "She hooked now" & That the kind of thing she should be hooked on "Fishing"! :006:

Those are some some nice photos - thanks for sharing. :big_smile_2:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

8. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    better watch out cause she's gonna be gunning for you next...lol...and i bet she can tell us the truth about"THE BASSMASTER"...lol

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great pic of the fish and family Zakk. Thanks for sharing.

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Zakk.I hate to be the one to break the news to you,but here it is.Your sister is prettier than you! You not only have a nice looking family,but a nice family.I thank you all for sharing.I really enjoyed the trip.Thanks for taking me along.peewee-williams

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Congrats Ciera, nice fish.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Nice bream, I can remember catching bream like that in Louisiana when I was younger.

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Peewee, I hear that a lot, so I'm use to it....:lol:

Thank you all for the nice comments, she is still excited about that fish, just between us though....my dad and I used it for bait....LOL!:eek:oooh:

We will definitely be taking her out again, you just gotta love it when you see a kid catch a nice fish.

Good luck all!

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Zakk, I always enjoy reading your posts but this one has me a bit confused. I waited thinking someone else would ask but no one has. I'm ignorant, what is a citation bream? It sure looks like a dandy. How big do they get? I googled it but didn't find anything that helped, found some stuff about a sea bream.

15. nccatfish1

nccatfish1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    hey there zakk tell your lill sis congrats i am new to the BOC and i was wondering how far yiou were from raliegh i have been looking for a great catfishing spot i just cant seem to find one i am really close to the nuese river i just havent triied to fish there. my parents live in texas and they said they talk to u all the time lawnman61 is my dad. not sure if it may sound familar or not. just hit me up on a private message i am on throughout the day so just say whats up and we'll talk a lil bit. my name is wayne

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Greg, A citation bream, that means it was a Trophy (Very Large). Each state has these, for example a Citation Blue cat here is any over 30 pounds, you can send in and get a certificate from the state for a citation fish. Hope this helps.

Wayne, welcome to the BOC, I consider AL (Lawnman) as a very good friend. I'm really not too far from Raliegh, my aunt and little cousins live there and we see them a lot. I live about 2 hours away from there.

I don't know much about the Neuse River yet, my dad and I just got a boat big enough to fish those rivers. We have been mostly fishing Lake Gaston, NC. for Big Blue Cat's and Stripers. We also fish Meherrin, and the Roanoke River. Lake Gaston is a huge lake, near the Roanoke Rapids area, it has some very large Blue cats in it, I think it has potential for a State Record Blue, 85+ pounds, but I'm not completely sure. We fish off the bank and a place called 'Eaton Ferry Bridge' and catch 30+ pound Blues quite frequently. We have a few other bank spots also that we catch some nice fish from.

Before I can help you too much, I need to know, do you have a boat? If not, I will tell you about a lot of our Bank Spots on Gaston Lake. And if you really want to get in to fishing Gaston for Blue cats, you would be welcome to come fish on our boat sometime, and we could show you some good spots, and how to catch bait on the lake, etc.

The Meherrin River, is not too great really, some huge Channel Cats in there, but it's a super hard river to fish.

The Roanoke River is awesome for Stripers, Channel Cats, and we recently started catching a lot of nice Blue Cats with the biggest being 36 or so pounds, this was from the bank.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm willing to help.

Good luck!

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, it made good bait too! LOL! Thanks, and yeah she will be catching cats as soon as she's big enough where she won't get pulled in....LOL

We're gonna try to get her some Channel Cats or something this summer!

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    1 pound and 1 ounce, hey that's a nice bream!
    I bet that was a sight to see while she was bringing it in. She sure looks like a fishing girl and a cute one.

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah! It was awesome watching her reel it in, she was so excited, I don't know who was more excited, her or me!:lol:

20. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Wow nice catch. congrats.