Little Rock area fishing

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Arkie, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Arkie

Arkie New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Any of y'all from the Little Rock area? Just wondering where I should go to catch fish. I'd like to stay in the Arkansas River..just not sure where to go. I've been having decent luck about 0.5 to 1 mile upstream from the I630 bridge...but have been thinking of heading below the L&D. Only problem is I'm fishing from a kayak. Let me know.

2. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Try up at I-430 ,the mouth of Little Maumelle River. There is a launch on L.R. of the river off #10 . This is right at the river bridge.

3. Arkie

Arkie New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Yeah, my bad...I meant 430, not 630...I've already been fishing there. Had some pretty good luck fishing off the sand island casting towards the bridge. Kinda wondering where would be a good place to put in and fish down below the dam. Keep in mind I'm fishing from a kayak.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Not from the area, though my aunt/uncle used to live there when I was a kid. But, I am pleased to see another kayak fishing Brother. I fish out of an Old Town Loon 138, a sit in kayak...big cockpit, stable, plenty of room. What's your yak?

5. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to BOC Justin good to have you

6. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    There is a boat ramp downstream of the dam. I have drove to it but never launched there. I'll try to tell you how to get there. If you are on I 40 take the Burns Park exit, go south towards the river, there should be signs directing you to the Burns Park golf course. The road goes through the middle of the golf course and comes to a boat ramp on a creek or slough that is close to the river. I think at the most you may be 1 mile downstream of the dam. Hope this helps and best of luck. grizzly

7. Arkie

Arkie New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I fish out of an Ocean Kayak "Speck" sit-on-top...about 12 feet long.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Good kayak, though, at 230 lbs, and a bit wider in the butt department than I would like, its a bit narrow and low on capacity. Ain't kayaks great for catfishing, though, gets you to the holes, no gas, not too bad of effort, and no damn trailer. Don't need a boat ramp either.