Little River

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by kde, Nov 5, 2006.

1. kde

kde New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone fishing Little River in SW Arkansas? Hoping for some big cats this weekend...

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC Kyle!!! You are gonna love it here!

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey welcome to the Boc Kyle

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Kyle.

5. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Kyle welcome to the best neighborhood on the net, B O C .
    dont know much about the Little River in Ark.
    I'v fished the Little R. in Okla. but thats no help
    to you. You just hang out here and the info will come.
    Welcome...Flint

6. kde

kde New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I live in Texas and haven't had a chance to get back up to Arkansas lately -- just popping in to see if there was any action!

7. jetdrive

jetdrive New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Are you fishing the stretch between lake Millwood and the Red river, or are you fishing above lake Millwood? I have fished the first mentioned stretch several times and usually catch a lot of cats, but not many big ones. I think the secret lies in the bait. There are definately some monsters in this river and never been able to fish it with small live bream or similar bait, I have always used cut shad or catalpa worms, nightcrawlers, crayfish, etc. Although not uncommon to catch big cats on these baits, I have never caught this river up and running while I was there, and I was told by some locals this is the best time to catch the larger fish. I live several miles from the Little River and only get down there once or twice a year, and every time I go its always real low with little or no current. One good place is about 6 miles or so up river from Allens Ferry boat landing which is just out of Fulton AR. There is a railroad trussel across the river here and my largest fish have came from this area. If you plan to use live bream, you will have to transport them in because for some reason you can not catch any out of this river. Good luck hope this helps a little.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    kde i fish the little river several times a year but i normally dont go till the middle of june.if you are going below the dam out of ashdown you need to go down riverabout a mile.you will find a little deeper waterand fishing at nite theres a small flat on the east side of the river.ive caught some fair flatheads there.if fishing daytime fish the deeper water around the standing timber.thats where i normally find channels and blues.if you go on north on hy.71 you will come to where hy.71 crosses little river again.theres a boat ramp there just off hy.bout 100 foot.down river bout 3/4 mile theres a deep hole.fish either end up on the sides of the river at nite for flatheads.go up river bout 1/4 mile ,stay to left channel,you will see a lot of downed timber in the water.fish the upper end and both sides of the trees.theres also a couple log piles on left hand side of riv.fish in front of and float bait up under logs should score well.river on both sides of the lake and the lake itself has got some big aligators in it so go slow at nite.they wont attack the boat but you dont want to knock your lower unit off.