Little river boat marina bridge/allatoona

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishermancat1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    Has anybody recently or in the past caught any flathead catfish near or under the bridge at little river boat marina. I want to start catching flatheads and I need some help with locating a spot for these catfish.

2. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I think you may have better luck with channels around the Little River bridge. There are times when it can be tough to keep a rod in the water. I don't think that now is going to be one of those times. I'm sure you know that October is "Draw down month" at Alatoona and the water is going to be real skinny even under the bridge.
    If you are bank fishing you may want to get closer to the dam for some deeper water. Head west out state highway 20 from Canton (not I-20 off the west side perimeter). Just before you reach the 75 there will be a Wendy's burger place on the left. Take that side road (it's called "spur 20"). It's several miles up the spur 20 but there are two boat ramps out there similar to the Little River set up. The closest and deepest ramp is right by the dam. In fact you follow the signs that say "Road Closed Ahead". The last possible left before the closure is the ramp. There are signs.
    The water is much deeper there and you should have a better shot at a good fish. Good luck!!
    Jack

3. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    agreed, the dam would be better for the off shore fisherman because of the deeper waters. I dont thinkk the bridge is deep enough especially after the water depth lowering

4. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    wheres that? and whats a flathead? just kiddin. but really wheres that?

5. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    OK, try these directions. From I-75 (North) take exit 290. This will be highway 20 (East). Take the first right after the exit. It will be labeled "Spur 20". There is a Wendy's on one corner and a gas station on the other. Follow Spur 20 all the way back to the dam. Follow the signs as there are two boat ramps back there but either could produce fish. Good luck.