Little Pee Dee River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Redneck in a Skiboat, May 27, 2009.

1. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Anybody on here fish the Little Pee Dee River? I'm planning to take my 14' Flat Bottom to the beach next month. I've been looking around for some places to fish, suitable for a small boat. I was thinking about putting in at 378 bridge or Galvant's Ferry. I was looking at the satelite photos and see alot of sandbars that look like it would be hard to get a boat through. I'm thinking the pictures might have been taken during a drought. Can someone give me some suggestions.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thomas PM Swamprat he is the LPD expert. There has been plenty of water in the LPD this year but still not a very deep river. Check out the upper Waccamaw river great Bream fishing and Catfishing. Where and when are you staying at the beach?

3. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the fish arent biting good in little pee dee right now the water is still about a foot too high. i fished for about 4 hrs friday and only caught 10 bream. there is plenty of water for a flat bottom boat.

4. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    We are going the last full week in June. Thanks for the replies. What landing would you use for the upper Wacamaw?

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thomas where are you staying at.

6. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    We are staying in Garden City about a mile north of the pier.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thomas you will just a short drive from Wacca Watche landing on the waccamaw river which has some greatbream fishing and some really good catfishing(HUGE blues and Flatheads) Also there are a few landings on the ICW which also has great fishing for bream and cats. I hop this helps. If you are wanting to do some saltwater fishing there are plenty of oppurtunities at Murrels Inlet which has lots of inland creeks full of redfish, flounder, and trout.

8. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, I'll try the Wacca Watche and my son really wants to try Murrels Inlet so we'll do that too. I'm a little bit afraid of the ICW. I'm about 325 lbs. so that boat sits a little low in the rear. It's fine as long as no ones riding by with their bow in the sky or a wake board boat comes by.

I'm still not sure where I'm going to park the boat and truck when we are not using it. We only get 1 parking pass and they don't allow boats.

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    There are several creeks off of the Waccamaw that would be great fishing for a smaller boat. Check with Booty's AMrine in Murrels Inlet on temp boat storage or Wacca Watche Marine may have some too.