Little Pee Dee River for catfish?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by litltman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    does anyone fish little pee dee river for cats. I would like some advise on how to catch some cats.nothing big just from 5 to 10 pounds range. as you all know. I couldnt eat catfish. but I kept on trying avery now and then and the last 2 times I had no problem with eating them. no reaction to them. boy r they good. I cought them while brem fishing. now I need to know how to fish for them. what kind of bait . how to hook the bait. how to rig. is it different at day or night. yhankes to all. have a blessed day

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Steve where do you live or plan on fishing for them. There are some decent cats on the little pee dee especially the closer you get to the big pee dee at the tanyard. You can catch them best this time of year on catwaba worms or night crawlers. There are some nice channells and blues with a few mixed in flatheads. Good luck and let us know how you do.

3. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Is there a landing at the Tanyard?? How far is this from the Big Pee Dee confluence with the Little Pee Dee?

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    there is a landing at the tanyard (dirt landing) and it is only about 1000 yards upstream from the confluence of the 2 rivers on the big pee dee. By far my favorite place to fish.

5. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i went fishing tuesday night down at locust tree in britton's neck and caught (1) 5# blue, (2) 7# flatheads, and (1) 9# flathead. i caught all of them on cut bream. i lost a monster flat on a live bream, got him about half way to the boat 3 times and all 3 times he left out peeling drag. they say the 3rd times a charm and it was, he got me hung up around a root and got off the hook. after that i lost 4 more pretty decent sized fish. i didnt have any problems worrying about weather or not the fish hooked theirselves on the circle hooks, cause when the hit it they were gone with it. i havn't had a night of fishing like that in a long time...

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like yall had a good time Brian. Havent heard of flatheads that far up.