little pee dee 8-25-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by SWAMPRAT, Aug 26, 2009.

1. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    went bass fishin on little pee dee yesterday and caught 9 bass and a few bream. i threw 2 of the bass back cuz they were real small and i lost one monster bass in a slough on a buddy of mines land. i got a bass on the wall that weighs 12 1/2 lbs and he was everybit as big as he is. i had him temporarily till he got me wrapped around a stump and he got off he was pullin drag out from the time i hooked him till the time he got off and i got the drag on all my reel tightened all the way down as tight as it will go. but i guess he will still be there the next time we go. after the catfish tournament friday night i might as well give up catfishin and go to bass fishin. i might can place somewhere in a tournament. there is one coming up on the cooper river this weekend and i might have to call one of my buddies from florence and see if hes got anybody fishing with him.... we might need to start up the PEE DEE BASSMASTERS!!!

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! Y'all did a pound or two better than we did Friday night, but I ain't quittin', especially to switch to catchin' bait!! Muahahahahahaha! :wink: Heck you'll be huntin' hard in a few weeks and fishin' will be the last thing on your mind! BTW: That WAS a pretty string of bass and gills! WELL done!

BB in SC

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009

3. racinrodes88

racinrodes88 New Member

State:
    Marion, SC
    brian u can catch bass all day long until the tourny then u aint gonna catch anything like catfishin catch nice ones when its not a tourny but when the tourny gets there we cant catch nothin but sunflowers and peanuts