Little Pee Dee 7/19

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FishingAddiction, Jul 19, 2009.

1. FishingAddiction

FishingAddiction New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Put in at Hughes Landing about 4pm. Fished for bait til about 6, then started soaking bream. Didnt get alot of action until around 7:30 ish, and then it was only 2 5-6 pound mudfish. Biggest cat we caught was a whopping 3" long while we were fishing for bait lol.

I think our problem was the water level. At the landing it was only 3' deep, and the deepest hole we could find was only about 10'. Running up-stream we hit a bend it the river where even my little 15' boat couldnt float through, so we called it a night around 9 since I dont really know the river and didnt want to risk tearing up my boat.

All in all, it was a pretty unproductive trip. The good news is I still had fun, and I have plenty of bait for next time. I guess thats why they call it fishing and not catching. :wink:

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the report Gordan

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks for posting,nice report.

4. InletFool

InletFool New Member

State:
    SC
    Looking to catch a mess of bream to fry. Are the bigger ones off the banks in deeper wter at this time of year? I have been fishing the punch bowl area of LPD.
    Thanks for any info...

5. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Mitch,
    You should probably go back to SC rivers and post a new thread about Bream fishing. More people will see it that way and you will get better responses. I'm curious to the answers myself. Welcome to the BOC.