Little Nephews First Pike

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by VOODOO 1, Mar 18, 2009.

1. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
    I take my nephew fishing with me all the time. Mostly for for flats and channels on the mon. He told me he wanted to try to catch some pike this spring. So I decided to take him up to high point lake to fish for pike last weekend. Hoping maybe for a hammerhandle for him. He said he wanted to spin for them. Bear in mind my nephew is 6 years old. So I tie on a 7in. floating rapala for him to play around with figuring he shouldn't get snagged up. You know how kids are every little bump is a strike and every shadow in the water a fish. While I'm getting my two poles rigged up with shiners he is spinning away. Now he can cast a spinning reel good for a six year old but it only travels about 20 feet out. Before I finish getting my second pole in the water he says I got one. I look up to see a huge boil in the water and I hear the drag buzzing off that little okuma reel. He fought it all by himself for a little while and we finally got it in. Should have seen the look on his face and mine. Not bad for his first northern pike a 32incher. Did not have a scale. He was thrilled to death. Included some pics hope they went through. Fish was released okay.

Attached Files:

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Congrats on the catch..That's a huge fish for a little guy.

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    congrats to the little man. thanks for sharing.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    congrats to your nephew on a beautiful fish. now thats one proud and happy fisherman there. and congrats and thanks to you Aaron on taking the young man fishing. you gave him a memory that will last a life time.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Aaron - Welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: :0a23: Congrats to the little guy on the nice Pike! :cool2: That is awesome! Great job taking the young man out fishing! Thanks for sharing the pics! :big_smile:

6. daltonweaver3

daltonweaver3 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Were you there on the 8th? When I was taking my canoe out there were two guys with a kid heading down the shore to fish. We didnt catch anything!

7. VOODOO 1

VOODOO 1 New Member

State:
    PA
  8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    great work little man!!! nice fish!!!:wink:

9. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Welcome to the B.O.C...:smile2: Congratulations to your nephew on his first pike awesome catch.:cool2::smile2::smile2:

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    AARON welcome to the BOC and congrats bro:cool2:

11. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    congrats to the little man, he's one up on me. lol ...justin:smile2:

12. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member