Little league world series

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Aug 26, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my 6 year old boy nathan and i would like to say congrats to the players/ people from beaverton, ore. and columbus, ga., good luck today!! nathan played his first year of coaches pitch this season, and has watched all the games of the little league world series with me. we hope one of these teams can win the world series for the united states. i told nathan i've seen alot of members on the boc from both states and we wanted to wish your states good luck.

nathan/scott.

2. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    We're watching it right now. Georgia is holding to a one-run lead after 5 innings.

I think baseball at that age (atcually from T-ball through Little League) is the purest form of sports there is. Those kids really love it.

We had our first game of a short Fall instructional league today. We play a short season each fall in preparation for the spring. This spring my son will be playing 7-year old coach pitch. I'm the head coach for his team. I also do the pitching. Funny how I couldn't sleep last night worrying about the upcomming game.

Our game went really well with us winning 13 to 8. My son had a really strong inside the park homer, which he just squeeked in under the tag at home. He plays third base and missed a pretty easy fly ball that he waited a little too long before reacting to, no worries though.

I'm always proud of the kids no matter what. We have a couple of kids that have never played ball before, one got his first hit today that scored two runs and kept an important inning alive. We awarded him with a game ball for that.

3. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Congrats to Georgia making it to the finals tomorrow against either Japan or Mexico. Georgia just defeated Oregon the advance to the championship game.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thats the only baseball watch:cool2:

5. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    same here, great game. good luck to georgia in the championship game.