little help i need to find a floater

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hey All,

generally i dont use floaters at all, however when i want to change the depth im fishing this is the only way that i know how. however the size of bait that i use can really effect the effectiveness of my floater. what is a good floater that will support extreme size of bait. im talking 12" suckers and 10"+ bluegill. i figure big bait big fish and so far my theory is working, but fishing in ponds and lakes i need a floater to help me with depth. what all can you give me for help on this??

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Look at the ones Pete sells at Wild Wolf Products. He is a sponsor of this site. I like them and use them for big baits.

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    why not use ballons like the stripe fisherman if you are using that big of bait. you can easely move them to where you want them.and I would think they would hold alot of pressure but still be able to tell the big fish on. and you can carry alot in a tackle box as well:big_smile:

4. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    only problem with a balloon is casting them with 20 or 30 feet of line out...:eek:oooh: know what i mean....thanks though

5. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    im going to check them out....thanks

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy I agree with this post. The Fat Kat Bobbers by Wild Wolf are the way to go. You will love them. They handle a large weight and large baits. And will many times set the hook.

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

I myself need to see a picture of the 10" bluegill.:eek:oooh:

AS for the floats, Thats all I use 100% of the time. I use, from top to bottom the 6,7,9" cigar floats(weighted) I can fish any size bait. I use them in lakes and ponds.

8. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I agree the fat cat bobbers are the way to go and I hooked everything that bites using circle hooks:wink:

9. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    next time i get a couple and i think about it ill send you a pic we catch them in my father-in-law to be's farm pond all the time. caught a few right at 12"

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    12 inches 1lb 15oz on 06-16-09

http://www.bigbluegill.com/profile/RossArdoff

Yes I would like to see them,, And heck Where doe's he live? Might be able to catch a world record:crazy: Them is some fat daddys:big_smile:

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree, i have some of these and they work real well. You can tie a thread of yarn on you line at the desired depth and cast away. Also have a hole made in them for a glowstik