little elm help?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Bayoubear, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    am seriously considering moving to little elm, by the lake, kinda near frisco and denton. my better half lives here and has the better job of the two of us so it makes sense for me to be the one to relocate. for the next year or three anyway.

i know nothing of this area and being from a hunting and fishing paradise im afraid ill go nuts here. im used to being ten minutes from the water and 20 minutes tops from my living room to the deer stand.

any advice? is the fishing in this lake any good? water looks awful low. what about hunting? ill even join a club if i have to. anything close? am not used to an hour drive to anywhere. ill go back home to fill the deep freeze but at least a shot at a deer or a hog locally is enough.

thanks in advance...

2. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Chad,
    First off, we would be glad to have you around these parts. As for the fishing, it's really pretty good right there at Lake Lewisville. I know the water is down right now, but that does happen from time to time around here.
    That being said, it sounds like you're coming from a pretty dang good spot there in LA. I will let someone else expound on the hunting possibilities, but I know alot of hunting goes on around here.

C2

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    the water may be low but the big blues are still biteing around the south side of the lake. as for the hunting i didnt even know there was deer in this area tell a couple weeks ago while fishing at the spillway on lake lewisville good size buck came walking out of the woods and walked up across the damn and just looked down at me and kept walking couldnt see how many points he had after talkin to the ladie that runs the front gate at the LLELA park she said they got around 18 head of deer as for hogs i havent heard anything

4. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    thanks folks, looking forward to more too.
    nikki and i went and saw that lake the other day, or at least a part of it. going thru little elm proper there was a wreck on the little bridge so we had to turn around. i saw a little bit of the lake, not really enough to judge the fishing possibilities. looking forward to catching a fish or two out of it.

as far as the hunting goes, i dont think will be much close by unless its to the northeast of us. im not used to so much sprawl. my impression is that these housing developments are like a cancer eating their way everywhere. nor am i used to having to drive an hour to go anywhere. store, town, groceries, etc etc... not complainin, just observations. a big switch from living so close to the woods and water. i would like to find some type of hunting around here, anything really. deer, hogs, coons, whatever. save me from the five hour drive home just to burn some gunpowder. going east on 380 once you get out of this scrubland here and hit the piney woods that looks a little more promising.

headed back to LA today, dont know how long before i return but i for sure would love to hook up with some fellow BOC members on this local lake and catch a fish or two. looking forward to it.

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    your going to right next to a great cat lake. I say go for it!

6. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    looks like im headed back to texas for another week or so. will investigate this lake a little more, check out the marina, etc etc. too much going on to really fish this week but is always later. am going to start seeking other sources for hunting info around there. have found some wing shooters nearby but thats about the one type of hunting i dont do much of. maybe its time i did. whats the cliche'? when in rome....

7. TxCatfishGuide

TxCatfishGuide New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lewisville is a good lake for catfish, I guide there and it keeps me busy.

Also good are Ray Roberts, Lavon and Texoma which are all less than an hour from Little Elm. Lake Lewisville is about 7 ft low and ramps are starting to close. Little Elm launch is closed now so driving to the other end of the lake is necessary to launch. Lewisville gets crazy during the summer. It is party lake.

There is not much hunting opportunity locally. Most everyone drives to South Texas or the Hill Country.

8. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    thanks for the reply, looks like we will be going home about once a month anyway so perhaps i can get my outdoor activities taken care of then? everythings still in the discussion stages for now but looks like i may very well end up here for a few years. the rough idea is to stay here till a kid is on the way or about three years whichever comes first. no offense intended to those of you from here but... when it comes to kids, this area leaves a lot to be desired so back to bayou country we will go.

if lewisville gets some more water in it im sure ill fish it some. will be bank fishing most likely as i dont see me bringing my boat over here and even that id want to do close to home. i admit ive got so much to get used to in regards to living over here. may as well be on another planet instead of the next state over. hahahahaa

thanks again

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Lake Ray Roberts has some of the best tasteing channel cats ive ever ate. been many days me and my dad drift fished with shrimp and went home just because we where tired of catching fish.

10. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    thanks, just got back to louisiana last night. didnt do too much roaming around being holidays and all. did get a better look at that lake, whew is it ever low. whats that lake on hwy 380 east over towards mckinney? looks lower than lewisville and with all that exposed timber im guessin??? its man made?

11. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    so is the move a go? my father inlaw lives just south of denton, he took me out to a couple of good holes mostly on his land but one of the creeks runing on his land leads inot a nice lake havent been yet, think some one else owns it, meybe next time i go own we can all go out