Little Brother Outfishes All

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by countrygirl0569, Jul 12, 2006.

1. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My younger brothers and sisters went camping this weekend, including my brother, "Bubba" who is 7. Thanks to Nate, fishing has become his favorite passtime. I found it amusing when I found out that he had outfished everyone at the campsite, including a friend of the family, a self proclaimed pro. My only regret was missing out on seeing my little brother catch a cat not long after just dipping the line and bait in while they were out on the boat. Can't wait til he gets home so I can take him fishin!

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i just got my wife interested and now most of the time she does better than me...lol...she's got a good teacher:big_smile:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tell him congrats on the cat!!!

4. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah, lol, I've been fishin since I could hold a pole, but Nate was the one who got me seriously interested. I don't know that I'll be better than him one day, but I'm gettin there!

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah I always enjoy watching little kids out fish us "so-called" experts And lately Ive been out fished by everyone guess its time to re-evaluate my status as an expert

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol i love when me you and bubba go fishin lol that kid is sooo cool .....he's almost more into fishin than i am

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    It just sends chills all over me when a young person catches a fish. I throughly enjoy teaching children to fish!!:big_smile: :big_smile:

8. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats great that you come from an outdoors loving family. Tell the little one congrats from us!

9. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I tried teaching my daughters but they are by far more interested in catching than they are fishing. Just like most kids I guess. The problem is now they have started school and have discovered pom-poms and dancing. They want to be just like their older friends, none of whom know anything about fishing. Oh well, there is still hope for the little son. He's starting to hold his own bottle now so we're going to start practicing on holding a fishing pole too.

10. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    I used to be a little bit like your girls, lol, maybe they'll grow to love fishing, but I wouldn't worry bout the son at all, lol

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Seems like the littlest onces always catch the most fish!

12. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah, lol, I can honestly say he's caught more fish than me! :tounge_out:

13. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I wish I had an older sister like you when I was 7. Mine just beat me up lol.

14. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    Aw..I could never beat him up! lol, he's adorable

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Ashley enjoy the time you have camping with your family. Those memories are great. I remember when I was young and used to go with my family.

Now it is work to campout. LMAO

16. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks tea, I will. we go every year, and it's some of the best times I ever have

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Always glad to hear about some kids catching fish, I take my little Cousin fishing every chance I get, but he lives 2 hours away.

18. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah, my little bro likes to go a lot, especially with me and Nate, so we take him as much as we can