Little boys & big fish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bumper, Jun 25, 2009.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yesterday afternoon (6-24-09), I headed back up to the TN River, this time with my 2 boys Austin & Logan. Austin's 6 now and Logan turned 2 last month. The trip was special from the start, as this was Logan's first fishin' trip to the TN River with Daddy and Bubba (Austin). The fishin' was good to begin with, as we put lots of bream in the boat (which I would put to good use later :wink:). After a couple hours of that, and eatin', and gettin' lots of practice sayin' "stop", "quit", "no", and "don't" :smile2:, and even changin' a diaper :cool2:, We made the attempt at some catfishin'. We only caught 2 cats, but one was big. Right about dark I heard some drag buzzin', and saw my outside pole warped over. After a good fight, Austin helped me net the fish and it turned out to be a 58 lb. blue. After some pics and the release, we called it a day. It would have been a great trip if we hadn't caught anything, but the big blue really was the icing on the cake. I don't take fishin' too seriously when kids are with me, but I think my boys might be my good luck charms. We had a great time and I'll never forget it :big_smile:. Here are a couple pics for ya.

Attached Files:

2. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thats a heckofa Blue! You got 2 fine little fishin buddies there. Keep em training, and enjoy those memories. Thanks for taking a kid fishing,

Steve

3. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Those both are some nice cats especially that monster blue, good job

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    NICE FISH! Can't wait til I get a few kiddies runnin around and can be takin them out with me, maybe I'll get a little luck from them!

5. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Nice trip buddy, congrats...
    I know you made a impression on the boys...:wink:
    Puddle

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    This is outstanding, David...congratulations on a great day with the boys!

How you ever found time to fish is beyond me...:wink:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    WTG DAVID!! That's making memories for the boys. Always nice to see some youngsters in the outdoors. Great catch!! That's one heck of a big Blue!! Outstanding and thanks for the great pics. Great looking boys!

9. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awesome job Bumper! They will never forger that outing. Congrats.

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great story David. Here I am over 60 years later and I can still "see" the smile on my dads face when I landed my first fish. I'm sure the memory of this trip with the boys will live with both you and them forever. Stay safe and congrats!!!:wink:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    David thanks for sharing your fishing trip with the boys. They are very photogenic. You all will never forget the trip and catching a big fish too. I agree with starting them out young. Great job Dad.

12. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would say that your right, even without the fish it was probably a memorable trip..Very nice blue you got there..Thanks a million for sharing your trip and pics..

13. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Great job. Pics were awesome!!

14. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    nice trip. Looks like that fish's belly is empty, had you caught it 6 weeks ago it would probably be 70lbs. Thanks for the pics and report, I'm sure the boys loved it.

15. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yep, it's belly was like a deflated beach ball.

16. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    that's an awesome trip bumper! I bet the boys were real excited when you pulled that fish in the boat....

17. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on a great trip with the boys....:wink::wink::wink:

18. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Thanks for the report Bumper. Reps to ya for taking the kids out. My youngest son Clay has been fishing with me since he was about 2, now he is 11 and a great fishing partner. We chase the big blues all winter long and then catch eaters all summer. Keep it up and you will have dedicated fishing partners for life.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to go David! :big_smile: That is so awesome! :cool2: Your sons will remember that forever!

20. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks great David, thanks for sharing with us!