Little 411 please

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Reel_Blues, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anyone been fishing jp,or deep bottom lately how has the fishing been? Any hawgs if so post pics please always like seeing the hawgs. Also anyone know the weather forecast for sat. the 26th i cant get weather.com to come up keeps giving me an error message. Also any suggestions on where the quick bait has been found or if its been hard to get.This will be me and my buddys first time using gil net lol....:big_smile::smile2:

2. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Fishing has been pretty good.. check the last few post for pictures and hints on catching bait. Weather this weekend is cloudy and day-time temps in the mid 40's. Have fun & see you on the river.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA

Roger, as long as it's not too cold, you can get bait really easy in Deep Bottom on the flats. Leave the ramp and go SSE around the bend, and you will come to the entrance of a pit with a No Trespassing sign on your right. The grassy flats on your right before you get to that opening is a good place to set your net. You're gonna love the gill net!:wink:

According to weather.com, it says tomorrow's high in Hopewell is 47, winds SSW @ 6mph. Mostly cloudy.

If that site is giving you trouble, you might want to try www.accuweather.com or www.wunderground.com