Littered, messy store entry

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JAinSC, Jul 17, 2006.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went to the Mall with my wife and son this weekend (not my idea, by the way). On the way in through the Belk entrance I was just plain disgusted. The sidewalk and street in front of the store were covered with trash. I don't like trash, but I'm used to it. What got me was that this was right there at the entrance to the store (and I have seen the same in front of other stores and restaurants, etc). I understand that the average employee does nothing about it, but who the heck is managing this businesses? Let's forget that it is just plain the right thing to do, it's better for business to clean up. Customer service and, more importantly (to the retailer), salesmanship start before the cusomer ever enters the store. If I was managing the place I would make sure somebody swept the area clean daily.

Is it just me or does this sort of thing bother others? Personally, I won't buy from a business like that.

Just another example of nobody can be bothered to give a damn.

2. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

I think that's just disgusting, and I would definately go somewhere else

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Although I agree with Ashley and John if I went to another store in Jersey every time it was trashed and dirty eventually Id run out of stores every store up here is like that NO KIDDING

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    :big_smile:
    hahahahahahaha John very funny John:big_smile:

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Was the trash canb knocked over? I once worked at a gas station, the wind blew trash from everywhere across our lot. Hard to keep up with it sometimes.

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Naw - just the results of a town full of slobs and nobody else that gives a damn.

Just like everybody else, I get tired of cleaning up after the so many other people in the world, but the way i see it I have a choice. I can either help clean up other peoples sh@t or I can live in it.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I think i would of went to the manager and done some complaining. Might not done any good but would of had that satifaction.

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Im with MRR, let the manage know, heck you might even get a gift card or something. They dont know your mad unless you tell them.

9. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    No its not just you, I hate that. But most employees don't care to much.

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Have you seen some of the people who "work" in retail? Although there are some great people who work at these places who truly care and do a great job, it is my experience that many do not. No wonder it was trashed.