list of dealers closing down for good...very sad

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by willcat, May 15, 2009.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
  2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I work for a ford/dodge dealer now. I'm the only certified chrysler guy they have. I used to work for our local chrysler/ jeep dealer. The dodge dealership closed down due to money problems and the death of one of the owners about a year or so ago. The franchise went to our local ford dealer where I work now. I got railroaded and fired from the chrysler place because of a worthless hothead service manager. They're one of the dealers that got the axe. I could'nt be happier. Now the guy that got me fired has his nuts on the chopping block, and nowhere to go. :smile2: I feel for all the other ones. But, I do'nt have any remorse for them...

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    They just built ours here in this small town 1.5 years ago and they are closing.. I'm waiting to hear about our GM dealer. If it closes that would leave only a Ford dealer here in town. All the independent used car dealers went belly up last year.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Yeah. It's gonna be pretty scary in the next few months, we shall see how GM ends up pretty soon, word is buick, saturn, & pontiac will all be going away soon... looks like all the small town dealers will be gone:sad2: there are some big dealers going belly up also, but there are a lot of dealers on that list & more to come supposedly, the one here in town's only option was to rebuild on the other side of town with a new dealership because they were so close to the big auto center with multiple lines including dodge & chrysler that's why they were told to close their doors supposedly?? but at least 3 went belly up or closed prior to the list coming out & 2 were pretty big outfits, scary to see what will happen in the very new future but ford is looking pretty good so far!! we will keep our fingers crossed for sure, btw psycho there were plenty of a hole service managers here in this city also( they went away w/the list too)!!!!!

5. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    OK so what happens to your inventory? You can't sell it because you aren't an authorized warranty center, will some other dealer honor the warranty, suppost too, but will they treat you like a second class citizen because you bought somewhwhere else? What do you do with your parts inventory, and your specalized tooling. I think Chrysled is at least offering a buy back deal but GM isn't. Never owned a Ford but I won't buy GM again.

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Warranty should be honored anywhere across the usa, parts inventory is usually bought back cheap like 50 cents on the dollar, and vehicle inventory is returned I think or maybe just a closeout sale, the dodge dealer's secretary said she had people calling all day long last week saying they had x amount of money to spend would they sell their inventory for it( like 3000 for a charger or new truck) i thought that was pretty funny of them to think that way lol