Liquified shad

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Taliesin, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I used to have a recipe for a dip bait made mostly from shad. The first step was to take a quart jar full of shad, bury it just below the surface, and dig up the liquified stuff a day later. It went on further and promised to catch fish (and melt any plastic it was spilled on).

I just got to thinking though:
    Would this liquified shad work well on a sponge?

I am thinking it would.

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    maybe you could add it to another stickybait for "flavor". i used to make a dip bait out of bee-jay, and chicken liver/blood. whip it up real good and make a paste. then take a large hook with about 7-8 large crawlers on it, push it to the bottom of the paste and pull it back out. then just lob it out. this stuff works great. has a definate chum effect. i bet the shad would be another killer ingredient for my "paste". I may try it this year. i think the shad would wash out pretty quick by itself.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    That's interesting that it would melt plastics...Do you have any idea "why" it melts plastics????I'm assuming your talking about plastic curley tail grubs and such.....DemoMan

4. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Curtis
    if it wasn’t liquified enough do you suppose I should ask the bride if I can borrow her blender for a little while? Luck

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    you want liquefied take 5 gallon bucket place shad in it put the lid on cut a 1" diameter hole in lid set it outside for few days let the flies work

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerome you want make that mistake but once. Good Luck.:big_smile: