Liquid Attractons for Catfish

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by hillbillyken, May 27, 2009.

1. hillbillyken

hillbillyken New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am trying to come up with some additive to add to my bait (cut bait) that would leave a sent trail. I have used anise before but was wondering if there was anything else I guy could use...Thanx HB Ken

2. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    You could add vanilla extract, or make up a garlic paste. It has worked for me if your tired of the licorice smell.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Fish oil can work well at times, too. You can buy menhaden oil on the internet, or you can extract oil from skipjack.

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
  5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    get some fish oil pills and cram then in there, when the casing melts away it will release the oil inside. maybe a little slower then just pouring oil on the bait. making it last longer. and no getting fish oil on yourself, or your boat.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    beef blood, if you can get ahold of it. Use an injector to inject it. will slowly leak out and leave a trail.

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like the Dead Red from Team Catfish myself, I add it to a few of my baits, and it stays on good.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i have tryed yum shad or crawish to see what happen, and seemed to help the bite on cut bait

9. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Garlic powder (not salt) works great on cut bait & worms, You can still smell the garlic smell even after you reel in & the baits been wet for a while.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH GREAT! Performance enhanced athletes and now bait. LOL! Use it alot on clams for channels. Like Pip said use an injector. It gets it rite in there. I have an in. One of my sons is a paramedic and gets me needles to do the trick. Works like a charm.