Liquid Attractons for Catfish

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by hillbillyken, May 27, 2009.

1. hillbillyken

hillbillyken New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am trying to come up with some additive to add to my bait (cut bait) that would leave a sent trail. I have used anise before but was wondering if there was anything else I guy could use...Thanx HB Ken

2. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    You could add vanilla extract, or make up a garlic paste. It has worked for me if your tired of the licorice smell.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Fish oil can work well at times, too. You can buy menhaden oil on the internet, or you can extract oil from skipjack.

4. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Garlic Juice

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    get some fish oil pills and cram then in there, when the casing melts away it will release the oil inside. maybe a little slower then just pouring oil on the bait. making it last longer. and no getting fish oil on yourself, or your boat.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    beef blood, if you can get ahold of it. Use an injector to inject it. will slowly leak out and leave a trail.

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like the Dead Red from Team Catfish myself, I add it to a few of my baits, and it stays on good.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i have tryed yum shad or crawish to see what happen, and seemed to help the bite on cut bait

9. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Garlic powder (not salt) works great on cut bait & worms, You can still smell the garlic smell even after you reel in & the baits been wet for a while.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH GREAT! Performance enhanced athletes and now bait. LOL! Use it alot on clams for channels. Like Pip said use an injector. It gets it rite in there. I have an in. One of my sons is a paramedic and gets me needles to do the trick. Works like a charm.