Lion's Lake (Washington, MO) Monster!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by sfleischli, Jul 3, 2007.

1. sfleischli

sfleischli New Member

State:
    Labadie, Missou
    I was getting some bait the other day at this great little baitshop in Union and the owner pulled a picture off of her board and said, "You see this....63lb Flathead caught 2 weeks ago". My response was, WOW that si a nice catch, he catch it in the Missouri....she laughed a bit and said, nope caught it in Lion's Lake in Washington on goldfish!!! I could not believe my eyes. Says he caught a 50+ pounder last year there as well. Anyone ever tried here? I have always told myself not to fish in this rinky dink places, and just stay on the river, but OH MY GOD if a 63lber is possible, why not try......may just head out there tomorrow morning for a few hours with some goldfish!

Let me know your thoughts!

=)

2. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I do not know where that lake is around Washington, but I think I would try it. A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work.

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    My girlfriend caught a 45 pound blue cat out of a little park lake in Gerald, MO last year. This year there was a kid in the paper that landed a 35 pound blue cat out of the same place.

I guess old timers threw a bunch of cats in from the river years ago and they are getting big now. :big_smile:

4. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Lions lake? Is that the city park lake? And what bait shop were you speaking of? I went to the one off 5th street but that one closed down.

5. sfleischli

sfleischli New Member

State:
    Labadie, Missou
    Hey Dave:

It was actually the Bait Shop at the coner of Highway V and Highway 47 in Union. It is located on the bottom of the Gas Station.

Yes, Woeshelter Bait on Elm Street closed its doors, BUT if you go down to Clay Street and 5th Street, across from the Elks Lodge, at the Gas Station they now carry Shiners, Goldfish, Worms, cut chad, etc. They bought a lot of the equipment that was at the other shop.

As for Lion's Lake, yes it is a City Lake about 1 mile North of the Elks Lodge.

Heading out tomorrow for some action. Colters Landing ramp is operational again and the water level is awesome on the Boeuff Creek. I LOVE THAT LAUNCH!

See ya!

6. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    My brother and I use Boeuf Creek a lot on the weekends..it seems there are not as many knuckleheads out there and the ones you do see start running the river later. I need to check out the bait shop..I have tried to find a shop around that will have kahle hooks..the one on Elm used to have a lot of equipment..I was surprised they closed. We use to get gold fish from them but they were small..we found a place in St.Clair, Don's Bait and Tackle, that has large goldfish, crawdads, and minnows. Thanks for the information.