Linton Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Philip Walleck, May 8, 2020.

1. Philip Walleck

Philip Walleck New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Philip Walleck
    Anyone do any river fishing in Linton indiana area new to the area and need to find some places to catfish any local boat ramps with public acces to river or good lakes with out a horse power restriction any info would be great.

typer181 likes this.
  2. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hi Philip, I don't know of any ramps on White River in the Linton area. You do have the Wabash River not too far west with a ramp. That is at Hutsonville, IL on Hwy 154. IN and IL have an agreement that your IN license is good on the IL side but you better read up on that to make sure you understand it.

Then there is Turtle Creek, a reservoir just south of Sullivan, IN. It is all channel cats I think. And there is a 10 hp limit but I have heard that they may allow bigger motors to idle around.

3. Philip Walleck

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Philip Walleck
    Thanks is good information will read up on the rules any good fishing at williams dam?

4. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I have heard some good things about Williams Dam but I have never fished there. If you can find access to the river there are some good cats in it.

eastforker and Philip Walleck like this.
  5. tstarkey73

tstarkey73 Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Thad
    There is a White River ramp in Worthington. The ramp is just downstream from where the Eel River dumps in.

eastforker likes this.
  6. Philip Walleck

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Philip Walleck
    Thank you

7. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hello Thad, Good to hear your back. I forgot about that ramp. I never have launched there but have looked at it a time or two. It is a good ramp but after high water tends to have a lot of mud on it. Parking is a good large gravel lot. The Cliff Swallows like the bridge.

8. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Philip, of you have Google Earth, you can get a good birds eye view of both the Worthington Bridge & ramp as well as the Hutsonville, IL ramp, dock and bridge.

9. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Jason
    There are 3 relatively close ramps on the west White near you. Worthington, Elnora and Edwardsport. Ive been to Williams Dam a handful of times and never had any luck. Locals say downstream from the dam is better. Theres some state properties up your way too.

typer181 and eastforker like this.
  10. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Jason. I didn't know Elnora had a ramp. Is it concrete or gravel like some are?

11. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Jason
    I haven't used the Elnora ramp but have talked to several that launch there. It is DNR so pretty sure its concrete. The road getting to it is isolated about 2 miles off state road 57 in town. Ill check it out soon I have to run up that way this week.

Philip Walleck likes this.
  12. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I am originally from Odon. But left 53 years ago.

Philip Walleck likes this.