Linn Valley or Sugar Valley Fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Feb 28, 2006.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I Live in Linn Valley and have a lot down At Sugar Valley and I was wondering if any one had a tip or 2 bout if there was any larger cats at either one. Report is Hidden Valley Lake went sour and most If not all died off. Marking them off for several yrs. I've caught several nice Channel Cats at Both Linn and Sugar Valley. With the occasional Blue and a few smaller Flatheads. All Good eating size and several Breeders I just caught and released. Looking for Locals to tag along with. :0a23:
    I got a little bass hound 10.2 with a 4 hrs merk and a Cajun I need to get worked on. The Merc 40 has a bad leak. Thinking a carb rebuild kit should do it. I'm not good with these things but figure, Can't make that leak worse, Right?

2. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Have you ever made it down to Prescot, Ks. There is a private lake back in there called Lake Chapprall. It was an old rock quarry, we have caught quite a few fish out of it before. The Lake is very deep with submerged timber on the southwest conrner where its shallower. Lake Chapprall consides of 2 lakes, one that you can take boats with gas motors and the other with trolling motors, we fish the one with the trolling motors. I had a girlfriend's grandparents that lived on Linn Valley Lakes, we fished it a few times and didnt catch anything but the rest of the times we were swimming. LOL

chris

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I've never caught much here at Linn Valley either. Sugar Valley a different story. Have not made it lake chaparral either. Have a friend that has a place that way. Have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.