Linex liner

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by mark29860, May 10, 2009.

1. mark29860

mark29860 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I can get a linex spray on liner for a good price the only drawback is they only spray black, has anyone used black and how hot does it get. The floor and decks on an aluminum boat get pretty hot here in SC. Thanks

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I would think black would get real hot. Tuff-coat sells a liner specifically for marine applications that comes in several colors. Both Cabelas and Bass Pro market the stuff.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I've heard nothing but good about tuff-coat. Good prep is the key to any coating job though.

I know folks have done line-x but not sure how it worked out. They spray it pretty thick, might be heavy, but don't really know.

4. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    We have linex in our boat going on 6 years now. Its good stuff. It shows a little wear in heavy traffic areas, but other than that it looks like it did 6 years ago. It is also as green as grass, just a little lighter that the out side of the boat. It was done at Lee Summit Mo phone number 816-535-7455 they might not still be in business, but I think they could tell you how to make it any color you like. It gets hot in July (ha ha) but it is worth it the other 11 months. I think you will like a liner which everone you use.

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Maybe check at a different location. They can make linex in just about any color you want now. I also think they can go thinner than the truck beds if you are worried about weight.

6. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    yea i would think it was heavy?

7. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Mark, I have had to boats that have had Linex products. The floors in either boat does not get hot. I am very satisfied with the product. My jon boat I had done in a color, and linex can be sprayed any color you want. Its higher than black cause they have to run that color completly out of the machine and hoses to run black again.

Attached Files:

8. buckmaster27012

buckmaster27012 Member

State:
    Virginia
    Try the Durabak company, I just ordered a beige for my boat and is easy to install yourself and want be to hot. Just search them on the internet.

9. bullet

bullet New Member

State:
    alabama
    my triton 1756 sc has a spray in liner from the factory, very sturdy stuff, i assume it is the same as line x, but it is tough on the knees and other exposed skin if you rub up against it.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A new water based product on the market that home boat builders are using with good results. Requires the use of a hook and loop roller.

KIWIGRIP