lineboats

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by LinebBoatRunner, Jan 17, 2008.

1. LinebBoatRunner

LinebBoatRunner New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    am i the only guy on this whole site who runs a cable drop line boat

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC Jesse!

By the way....what the heck is a cable drop line boat???

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    its a small remote control boat that lets you stay down river at the dams and run your line up to the dam and yes i have one but i use a rod and reel to bring mine back.just couldnt afford the remote control unit.

4. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    You use a remote control boat to get the bait out a distance?? Very interesting

5. LinebBoatRunner

State:
    oklahoma
    ya we run the baits up to 400 yards in the gates or on the wall. lets you fish water nobody else can touch.

6. LinebBoatRunner

State:
    oklahoma
    where do you fish in arkansas. always wanted too run my boat at dardenell dam.

7. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Jesse, I have been using then for more than 20 years below Keystone.I don't use one any more so mine will be for sale at the Keystone gathering. My Penn114H and 345GT1 will also be for sale.I may also bring a couple of rods to sell unless I sell them before the gathering. Allen

8. LinebBoatRunner

State:
    oklahoma
    what kind of rods and how much for the 345 gti.p.s. you ever run into a tall skinny black guy named richard? he is the guy that got me started with the line boats

9. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ive never used mine on the river.i built it so i could take my bait out in the middle of a bank fishing only spot at my home lake.works like a charme and game warden cant find a law against it.lol

10. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :smile2:welcome to the boc

11. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    WOW! 400 yards?!?! That is a long way. What is the capacity on your reel? That has to be the size of a car wheel. Is it hard to even feel a bite, much less set the hook, that far away?

12. LinebBoatRunner

State:
    oklahoma
    as to your / about line capacity. my boat reel is a peen 6/0off shore reel that will hold 600 yds of 80# dacron. my bait poles are rigged with okuma cv45ls that will hold about 380yds of 30# trilene big game. as for feeling the bite, i use 3 foot long corks so i can see the bite and circle hooks so they pretty much hook themselves

13. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    Now you got me interested. About how much do those RC boats cost, and what's a good one for a beginner?

14. LinebBoatRunner

State:
    oklahoma
    joe, i dont run a rc boat,hence the name line boat. all that means is you use a rod n reel too drive the boat. the boat delivers the bait and cork as far as your equipment is capible. as far as cost goes, you need a trolling motor and a battery. the boat itself was made from stuff i found at work.

15. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
  16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I think it's a pretty neat idea, but beware that some states, Missouri for example, have made them illegal. The gadget nut in me has always wanted to build one, but I wouldn't get to use it around here too much.

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I tried to post pics of the boat Mike was talking about, but the thread didn't make it. Must be goblins. Let me try again....LOL

Attached Files:

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    WOW, it says there posted. SO let me try the last one. Think this is like the transmission which makes it stop and go. LOL

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    RATS, hit the wrong button. Lets try again.

Attached Files:

20. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    joe a friend of mine bought one that was completly remote control including the bait drop.his was just a tad under 1200.00 dollars