line

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by n.o. river rat, Jan 8, 2009.

1. n.o. river rat

n.o. river rat New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i have a question what type of line is good for catfishing i have 50lb test line of pp on my reel

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thats what I use also , with a mono leader.......best there is.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    it depends on weather its mono or braid.for mono im a fan of the cajun red line,for braid well im just experimenting with that.You cant go wrong with power pro i dont guess,ive heard the berkley gorilla braid is good and im going to try that this year,id also like to try the cajun red braid also but i dont know yet.

4. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Your good with the Power Pro. I attatch a heavy monofilament leader, I prefer Flurocarbon, Cajun Red or Berkley Big Game all are very tough and are able to take a beating around trees and rocks.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    David, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

The 50LB. power pro your using should be a good line, but as mentioned above use a 40lb. or so mono leader to go with it for abrasion resistance.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am using Berkley 40lb big cat -I have used power pro and do love it but for me to use it it is not echonomical ...a good mono is just as effecient....but there is pro's and cons to it all and you will have to find yer preference

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    No wonder all i catch is dinks. I use 17lb. P-Line . It's pretty stought stuff.