line test limit for world record fish?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by playinghooky, May 1, 2006.

1. playinghooky

playinghooky New Member

State:
    north carolina
    is there a line test limit when concidering weather or not a fish is a state record.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Most definetly. I think states are different from the International Big Game and Fisheries in they only consider the means that you used to catch the fish... if it's rod and reel, that's one classification. If it is on a trotline, that is another classification, etc. The intenational is the one which records fish by line strength. I believe I'm telling you straight on this. lol I'm a far cry from catching a record either way it goes.

3. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    yes and no... your states DNR probably won't have a set limit to the # test you use ON ROD AND REEL to catch the fish... IGFA (International Game Fishing Association) does have a limit to state records (they have line class records). I know they choose the top 5 fished for species (in MD its largemouth ba$$, Channel cats, Black crappie, and i can't remember the other 2... i think its rainbow trout and bluegill or sunfish but i'll check later) in the state and then have a light, medium and heavy line class (for most its 4lb, 12lb and 20 lb test lines).