Line Suggestions for Abu BG 7000 & 9000

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by PhillyCatcatcher4, Jan 9, 2008.

1. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    This year I will be using my new Big Game reels from Abu Garcia.I was a big fan of Power Pro, but this year I might go back to using mono. Any tips on a good type of line for these reels would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

• hsn.jpg
      hsn.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    I have Berkley Big Game 15lb Solar with 50lb BBG clear shock leader on my 7000s.
    Nice strong line that I've been using for years.

:004:

p.s. P-Line is also a good line to use.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Berkly Big-game...25-30lb test.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have 2 abu 7000's and 1 abu 9000 and I run 40 lb. premium salt water ande on all of them. It's very abrasion resistant, ties strong knots and will cast a long way on the 14 ft. poles they are mounted on.

5. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    i like mono but i drift alot and bottom bounce. so on my abu i got 6 6500 and 6 7000 so i use power pro to a swilve then mono leader i can always break the mono and get back all my braid . Seems to work for me i fish the same line now for 5 yrs.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have a 7000 and 2 10000's big game 30 or 40 lb mono is a great choice for them...rollo

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    It all matters... where are you fishing? Lakes, rivers...if lakes or rivers with little snags 30-40Lb big game by BERKLEY should be plenty good. If you are fishing brush piles or snags stick with POWER PRO. 65-80LB fit great on those reels. I myself love to have as much line as possible on my reel. Braid allows me to do that with heavier test line.

GOOD FISHING

8. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I use berkley big game 25# or ande 30# on my 7000's, for ten+ years now. I don't have any complaints.

9. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Gregory
    If you have been a big fan of power pro. When you swithc to mono you wont like it. Ande is as good as it gets for mono, but I would stick with power pro . If you are after big brutes go with the 80/20 if not the 65/15 is plenty. JMHO