Line Shockabsorbers

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Eddie Mullins, May 26, 2009.

1. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Been on the board a week or so now and learning a lot. I consider my self a novice, running jugs/noodles and trot lines a few times a year. Finally have my own boat, and a young son who likes fishing so we are going to start getting after them.

I have seen a few posts mentioing using using a shockabsorber, piece of inner tube or other material on limb line and tight lines.

Can somebody elaborate on this and how they are used?

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Eddie the way u would use the shock or bungie tie it to the limb log or what ever ,tie your line to the anchor point also,with slack in your line attach bungie to line ,that way when fish hits the bungie will strech,reason for having line tie to anchor point also is if bungie breaks u still have your line,.
    If attaching to green limb that will spring up an down u shouldn,t need bungie the limb will act as the shock absorber

oh by the way Eddie welcome to the BOC from N.C.

3. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Boy that didn't take long - gotta love this site!

4. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    YEAH I HAVE NEVER USED ONE.I JUST TIE MINE TO A GREEN LIMB AND IT DOES THE JOB.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eddie beat me to it. I agree with what he said. Many limb line fisherman use this method. Very effective.