line recommendations

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by chrisatrpm, Nov 1, 2009.

1. chrisatrpm

chrisatrpm New Member

State:
    missouri
    It time to respool my reels. I've been using various braids in the 50-80lbs. range. Not really dissatisfied with what I've been using but wondering what everyone elses thoughts are.

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    hello and welcome to the boc! If you go to the line review section you will find tons of peoples opinions on different fishing lines,also sections for reels,rods,etc.,etc., lots of good reading to get you up to speed on what everyone else is using!

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I have been using Power Pro Plus 80 lb braid, for I guess, about 5 years. Not one single complaint from me.

4. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    I use 65 lb Tug-O-War braid from team catfish. But i do have a few reels with 80 lb power pro. I like both a lot. Esp. the team catfish braid. check them out.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I been using Big Game for at least 20 years. I see no reason to change.

6. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like Power Pro as well. I use 65# or 80# depending on the situation. I us the much thicker and more pliable megabraid 70kg as a backer. I find that it has made casting on my bigger level wind reels a lot easier.

7. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Power Pro 80 lb braid if i'm fishing for big cat.
    if fishing for eater size Berkley big game 30lb

8. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I use Power Pro High-Vis 80#
    It is what i have always used (been 1 month now)

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Jer, you crack me up!!

I too use the 80lb Hi-Vis Yellow Power Pro:wink:

10. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    80lb hi-vis power pro. ande 100lb leader. dont know why i never catch any fish.

11. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Mainline BG 30# and 65# P-Pro get the job done for me. ( 40# BG leaders )Whatever gets you through the timber and rocks is the ticket. Its not the fish I'm worried about, its the rocks etc.

But hey, if your happy with what ya use now and your confidence is up...I would stick with it ; )

Welcome to the BoC...enjoy ; )
    -Jim-

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I have been using 100 lb power pro for a while now and it works great. I just switched one of my reels to 65 lb Tug O War from Team Catfish and it looks like it is the real deal. I have only had it on for a month or so now but it doesn't seem to dig in or flake as much as power pro.

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    80# power pro... Cant go wrong there

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I've been using Power Pro for several years. Usually 80 pound test in the hi via yellow. I've been experimenting with Team Catfish's Tug Of War Braid and I must admit that I believe it to be a better product. I was spooled with the 65lb tug of war when Swamp and I won the Cabelas event in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. If Jeff comes out with 1200 yard spools of 80 or 100 pound test I will no longer be a power pro user. Like punkin said, the tug of war doesn't flake or embed on itself like power pro is prone to do. Hard to beat either of the braids though. Both fantastic products. Plus I'd rather give my money to a hard working blue collar catfisherman working his tale off then a billion dollar conglomerate. It makes it real easy when the little guy has developed a better product n

16. chrisatrpm

chrisatrpm New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for all the responses.

17. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    80-100 lb. TUG O WAR Braid from Team Catfish end of story.

18. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I use power pro 100lb mainline w/50 lb big game leader, I use the lighter leader so I can break it off if I have to when I'm snagged up.
    even at 100 lb test the braid still casts smooth as silk for me, And its thick enough it doesnt get abraded that easy.