Line fraying

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by crowriveramateur, Mar 20, 2008.

1. crowriveramateur

crowriveramateur New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use a basic bottom rig, weight swivel leader and hook. i use braided line and always get alot of fraying from the weight. Has anyone used weight slides or similar product and do they hold up?

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    sinker slides work real well,you can get a good buy on them thru e-bay in bulk

3. crowriveramateur

crowriveramateur New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    thanks have you ever had them break on you?

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    I have had the swivel straighten out an lose a sinker,but get the rest of the rig back,then just straighten the swivel up and reuse it again,sinkers will snag in rocky and wooded areas

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep they work real well. They will hold up to a 10 oz sinker. The best sinker slide out there by far is from Team Catfish. There a BOC sponser as well. Or you can get them from www.shop.catfishsafari.com

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i made some out of 1/0 brass barrel swivels and a piece of aquarium air hose that worked real well with mono with 14oz weights, havent tried it on braid yet. i cut about 1 1/2' piece of air line and pulled it through the top eye of the snap swivel and done. cheep and easy, the line didnt cut into it with 14oz like i said that was mono not braid but that air line is cheep and seems tough enough to stand up to braid i might try it soon.