line for the right situation

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slikk03, Jul 4, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i use braid always, but i found a new hole thats filled with riprwap, and snags, i lost a full spool of braid, on the hole its a spillway, so im out, almost, i got 30 yards left, should i go with 40 biggame,istead,its cheaper, and i can fit 50 yards on my 6500, will it hold up as good as 50 powerpro

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    no im set on biggame, that other stuff is almost as pricy as braid,i think im going with biggame

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    no im good at not backlashing, so thats not a concern, the concern was money, would 40 mono be good for a small section of dam and would it hold up as well as 50 braid

4. Promaxx

Promaxx New Member

State:
    maryland
    Braid is strong but rock/branecles and anything sharp will cut it like butter .it does have its place and time though MONO or even floro has very good abrasion resistance depending on brand and formula.i use BIG game 99% of the time for bass fishing never let me down .I use braid for weeds/grass fishing with jigs,frogs,t rigs

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i just like it for the distance and the knot strengh

6. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    It's the downside of mono. You need a big honking reel.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    not here i dont, but i do in the big rivers or lakes if im fighting a blue, but i never had a problem, with mono, but,i never used it as much as braid