Line color

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by jboy434, Jul 29, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    is there a certain color line yall think work best? is there any colors that i should stay away from? i got some of this bright green line on my reel and was wondering if it my scare fish away. i mostly fish at night aroud a crappie light if that matters.

2. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    is there a certain color line yall think work best? is there any colors that i should stay away from? i got some of this bright green line on my reel and was wondering if it might scare fish away. i mostly fish at night aroud a crappie light if that matters.

fixed a misprint.

3. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have used all differant colors I prefer green line as a preferance only, I have used yellow fire line with a slip bobber in lakes and ponds bank fishing, I manly used it to be able to see my line move, with little light, I was able to catch 10-20lbs on a regular basis. I am currently using smoke colored YO ZURI line because I could not find 30lb test in green and it is working fine, I caught a 45lbs and 15lb blue last night with it and lost 5 more. My fault not the lines. Good luck and have fun.

4. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    catfish dont care about the line they care about wats on yer hook lol

5. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    thanks for the info. i put some momoi line on one of my reels the other day. somebody told me it was supposed to be pretty good. its bright yellow and i didnt know if that was a bad thing or not.

6. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Cajun red seems to be gaining in popularity. Red becomes almost invisable in water over 15- 20 deep.

7. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think cajun red line works best, but i agree with other people it is whats on the hook.

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like the bright green big cat because I can see it so good day or night. If that's a concern just use cajun red for your leader between hook and weight.

Good Fishin
    mike

9. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    thanks for all the info. i usually fish at night myself but i had never used any of this bright line before so wasnt sure. somebody else recommended this line called momoi. i had never even heard of it but thought i would try it out.

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have had my best luck with stren clear blue or a low vis green 20-30# test

11. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i think i might try get some stren. i have bought 2 spools of big game recently and both were from different sources and both broke way to easy.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im confused over this red thing as cajun line is supposed to disapear but red hooks are supposed to attract. I just use whatever for cats. If it stinks, it usually works.

13. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    and red colored bass lures are so sopossed to attracte yet disappear in deeper water. cuz ive got a red countdown rapala and it can go down pretty deep.