Line color

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by odie072, May 8, 2006.

1. odie072

odie072 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would like to hear everyone's opinion on line color (ie hi-vis yellow, low-vis green, red, clear, etc., etc.,) your experiences with line color and/or how you feel line color effected a situation.

thanks
    odie072:cool2:

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I love cajun red, and it is obviously red. I do believe that it is hard to see underwater since i've been scuba diving I have seen how colors get filtered out as the water gets deeper.

3. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    the cajun red is a good line and color, but you can't see it a night either. i don't really have a preference, use clear mono on most of my rigs, have braided on one.

4. odie072

odie072 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Il Hunter, I like cajun red too, as I've just started using it. Can't really reply to how well it works as I haven't caught anything on it yet:ah: .

odie072

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Your day will come...I havent heard much bad stuff about it.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Cajun red is good line, I use it. But fluorocarbon line is invisable under water and much stronger than regular mono line. It is more expensive, but as they say you get what you pay for. use flourocarbon for rigs and leaders and you'll catch more fish.

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Cajun Red is what I've been using. Some folks have had this line coil up on them bad enough they say they will never use it again. For me this has not been the case. Yes it will coil up, but, it gets stright pretty quick after about the firts cast. This line works will for me. Last weekend my buddy and myself caught 42 keepers and a bunch of yellow bass. The only time either one of us retied was when we both changed rigs and fished with shad. We fish the trees and rocks alot and the c.red holds up well. Even getting hung up it seems to still be strong. (knock on wood) I've yet to break off on a fish, only a snag I can't get free of. Nite time fishin' is a bit of a problem with the red cause ya can't see it. I guess this is my only bitch about the C.Red so far. But I use bells while bank fishin' in the dark so not seeing it only comes into play when your lookin' for slack in your line.
    I think I saw on here in another thread about cats not caring what color or size line ya use. I guess it is true since they will hit trot lines as big as small rope.
    Big Game line is good also, but the red is working fine for us.

8. odie072

odie072 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    T-bone, do you find the knots are a little harder to tie with the cajun red??

odie072:smile2:

9. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    well as far as line color for cats goes, they could care less what color the line is! i use hi vis line almost always. i like yellow or whatever else they call yellow these days. i use it cause i can see it. cats don't care. think about it, people who jug and trotline use braided nylon rope and still catch tons of fish! as far as the cajun red line goes, i like it alright but its just not abrasion resistent enough. i like tight line from offshore angler. its the best line i have tried yet and i've tried a bunch.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I still think that cajun red is shore pretty. lol

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I use the hangmans' knot and palmar knots. Both are easy and fast and work good for me. I fish lakes and use egg sinkers and beads with swivels and I even use the same C.Red for a leader too. Might not be the thing to do but it works for me.