line color

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Sharpy22, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ok i understand that there are all sorts of colors ol fishing line out there, my question is do you think that color preference is a big deal to catfishing than say like bass or do you think its more of a personal preference. I use berkley biggame green and no complaints on it either just wanted to know what everybody else thought on this thanks.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    First welcome to the BOC Matthew,

I dont think it makes a difference but I dont catch bigguns either LOL. I use the same tho Big Game you cant beat the price and the line is pretty good too

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Matt,
    Welcom to the BOC I like to use the floresant color so I can see it at nite when I fishing other then that I think it all a gimmic just my 2c's

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I haven't found that Catfish are line-shy. Use what you want!

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think color is personal preference, although the flourecent is easier to see at nite. I happen to use BPS excel mono clear. Can't beat it for the price!

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i use the high vis. yellow and the flatty's don't seem to mind it:wink:, i think they're lookin at the bait and not the line

7. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I use Masons big cat line.They dont mine it.
    I dont think it would matter.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Trust me... Line color, blood red colored hooks.. Have nothing to do where you will catch cats or not!!!! Use whatever color you want bro!!! Welcome to the site also....rollo

9. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I've never seen any evidence that Cats have any color preference. I on the other hand can't see light bites at night worth a crap so i always use hi-vis/flourescent line.

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Welcome to the BOC Matt!!! I think line color does not matter to the cats but I see the Hi Vis line so I can see it better at night.

11. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I use Big Game line also. What I do is use a different color for different
    weight lines green-30, gold-40, ect. I do not think it matters to the fish.

12. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i use 30lb trilene clear big game line they do not mind rick

13. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I always thought it really didn't matter, cats are blind as a bat anyways. For the most part it's personal preference. Once I reached 40, Dr. said I needed bi-focals. So I guess I'm more dependent on line color for night fishing. Guess I'm the one thats actually getting blind as a bat.:roll_eyes:

14. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for all your info on your opinions and preference like i said i was kinda curious to what eveybody thought about it. thanks for the intro to the brotherhood all.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    As many have already stated line color does not affect the fish but it sure helps us that don't see as good as we once did. I like big game solar for day and night.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My studies have shown that in my area fishing daytime for flatheads line coloar makes a difference for me, since switching to low vis lines I can more big flatheads in the daytime, than with high vis lines.

I use big game in dark green.

17. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    red hooks, red line, colored beads, etc, are all designed to catch Fishermen not fish. catfish only see shades of Grey (Black thru White) so line color does not matter. i prefer the highest Vis Yellow or Green i can get.

18. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    i go to wall mart and get stren ( high impact clear ) for 6.00 bucks( 400 yds ). it s sooooo good that it helped me pull a budy out of ditch this winter 10 feet of it raped around 2 times ( just to make sure )... lol