line color

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by CATCHARMER, Jan 4, 2009.

1. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    does line color seem to make any difference? i have seen yellow clear red blue green then there is the braids. i fish muddy lakes , rivers and very clear lakes that you can see bottom at 7 or 10 feet.

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    No. It is better to go with a hi-vis line so you can see it better at night.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    nope makes no difference what color the line is,cats dont get line shy they just care about that food at the end of it.really its what you like,what color you can see the best that kind of thing.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Hi-vis also helps those of us that don't see as good as we once did.

5. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree.High vis all the way.I've been usin Sufix Neon Tangerine and its nice and visible against the water and when light hits it.I don't think catfish really care.I doubt there is much,let alone any visability at the bottom of a muddy river at 2 oclock in the morning anyway:wink:

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, I agree..for cats it's what the fisherman can see best not what the cats see, I don't think they care. But you can always use clear leaders if it's a concern.

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i used ta use the green braid and then switched to the HI-vis yellow, makes it much nicer for nite fishing , catty's don't care what color it is just as long as there is food at the end of it:wink:

8. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Catfish cannot see very well even in clear water, they feed by smell and vibration more than sight. Line color makes no difference.

9. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I never heard a catfish complain about the color of the line he got caught by:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Color doesn't matter to me either , high vis is fine. If the color still bugs ya you could always use a low vis on your leader , like fluorocarbon.

11. CATFISH JEFF

CATFISH JEFF New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I AGREE ALSO I LIKE TO USE A 30 LB YELLOW HIGH VIS STREN BUT CURRENTLY CANNOT FIND ANY CALLED STREN AND THEY SAID THEY Are not making it anymore does anyone know where to get it?

12. redneck cowboy

redneck cowboy New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bass Pro has 2400 yd spools but not anything larger than 14lb. The Stren website (stren.com) still has it listed for sale, maybe they still have some in stock?? I guess its worth a try. :confused2:

13. redneck cowboy

redneck cowboy New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hope this helps, here is the reply I recieved from Stren:

Jimmy,
    We do still make Stren line above 17# in Hi-Vis Gold.
    Stren Stamina Hi Vis Gold comes in 15,20,25,30,40 and 50 lb. test.
    Stren Original Hi Vis Gold comes in 17 and 20 lb test.
    See links below from the website and where to order:

http://www.stren.com/prod.php?k=89261&sk=50667&u=SK_B

http://www.stren.com/prod.php?k=89257&sk=50670&u=SSTQS

http://www.stren.com/prod.php?k=89257&sk=50670&u=SST1

regards,

Pure Fishing
    Customer Service