Line Amount Not Correct!!!???

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by seaark, May 20, 2006.

1. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I went to respool two of my 7000's with the 30# trilene big cat solar green line and it was short 100 ft. It was one of the 300 yard spools. I put 450 ft on one of the reels and only got 350 on the other reel. Has this happened to any body else? This bothers me. I went back and checked several time to see if the counter was off and it was within 4 ft each time. It is really getting hard to find solar green line. About the only place you can find it is at Catfish Connection and then you have to order it and pay shipping charges to. I wonder if I should write berkley and see what they have to say.

2. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I got a spol of big game one time and about half way bown it was tied together

3. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I had 1 spool a 1350 yard spool come up short by 150 feet the rest have been with in 50 or so feet and I use about 4 spools that size a year 2 in 30 1 in 50 and 1 in 80 but never came up as bad as you seem to

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would definitely try giving the manufacturer a call and they may want information from the packaging so don't forget to have that nearby.

5. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I bought one of those 300yd deals from them too. About 1/2 way the line was broken/cut. They just started new line to finish, not tied together or anything. I buy the 40lb. low visibility green in the 1480yd spool now. No complaints yet. Here's Berkleys Toll Free number
    1-800-237-5539 thats in Spirit Lake, Iowa. They have a web site also:
    www.Berkley-Fishing.com
    You should definately hold on to the spool you are having trouble with. It has a batch/code number on it that will help them identify any other complaints. Hope this helps.
    Don

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Glenn,I'd be on em like a cheap suit!

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've never had this problem with fishing line, but when a product is faulty or not up to par the companies are usually willing to fix the problem. Somebody who has good experience is likely to spread a little bit of good. People who aren't happy are likely to spread a whole lot of bad. Give them a call and see what they will do for you.