lindy no-snagg sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by carpfisherman11, Apr 12, 2006.

1. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have seen the no-snagg sinkers at the store does anyone use them? do they work? are they worth the money?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I personally have no idea what a "Lindy no-snag sinker" is. I thought I was pretty much abreast of all the sinkers. Can you post a pic or description please.

3. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I use them occasionally when drifting but they are awfully high! I think I would stick with no rolls.

4. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
  5. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    They work but are to expensive for me plus they don't make them very heavy I think the biggest I've seen is like 1 or 2 oz's. I would rather use a round weight they don't tend to snag as much.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i bought a few on sale over the winter. i havent had the chance to try them yet.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They look somewhat like a bannana sinker or crescent sinker to me... and if that's similar to what they are, the prices is extremely high. I'd pass. Go to google or another search engine, type in "do it molds". When you get to that site, select sinker molds on the left hand side.... it shows pretty much all the sinkers. Incidentelly, the only sinker which does not get hung up is the one which stays in your tackle box.

8. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    It looks to me like these no snag sinkers would only keep you from snagging if your bait was continually in motion, otherwise the sinker would fall down and probably be more prone to snagging.

And at around 3 bucks a pop, I could lose two dozen conventional rigs to one lindy rig and still come out ahead in price.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Those things are ridiculously expensive. And the sinker might not snag, but your hook eventually will and you can count on losing the sinker too.

Make your own "slinky" sinker -- crimp several split-shots on a length of fishing line, add a snap swivel and attach it to your main line above a barrel swivel and your leader.

Or just use a "walking" sinker - they don't snag too much and even if they do, they're only $.30 each or so, cheaper if you make your own. Catfish Connection sells them in bulk.