Lindsay Bigham joins the CCC

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Mac-b, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Lindsay Bigham (BigBird) drove over from Matthews, NC for the CCC cookout at the invitation of our Prez. (WylieCat) and joined the Carolina Catfish Club. We welcome Lindsay to the fold and look forward to fishing with him in the future.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Watch out for him. :wink:

He joined, fished a tournament, and is now in second place in the points. I think he is a ringer Rob McHenry / shrewboy brought in....LOL!! :smile2:

Welcome aboard!!!

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Beginners luck for me.
    Shrewboy Rob is da man!
    BTW-I like the two fish format.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ya done good, bro!
    Bill in SC

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I have heard from a lot of folks that the two fish limit is appreciated.

As a matter of fact, none of the folks that fished the tournament had anything bad to say about the two fish limit. :wink:

The reasons the CCC decided to make the change were simple. It is much easier to keep two fish alive, and it levels the playing field for new and inexperienced tournament anglers. :wink:

Hopefully some other tournament series will do the same for the betterment of the sport.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on your strong start in the CCC. Good luck brother

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Ill have to agree with liking the 2 fish limit. Its alot easier to keep 2 big fish alive. Also if we hadnt caught those 2 blues it would of been real close with the channels we caught. I hope others take a notice to this and make a change. I know people like the sound of 100+lb stringers, but its alot better for the fish, anglers, and fuel. Running around with gallons and gallons of water makes a big difference on fuel ecomomy.

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...Running around with gallons and gallons of water makes a big difference on fuel ecomomy...."

Great point.

A 30 gallon live well is another 250 pounds of water, plus the weight of the tank, and you are looking at the weight of another two passengers....ok, maybe 1 1/2 catmen. :smile2:

A 50 gallon tank is over 400 pounds plus the weight of the tank, so that is a big difference in getting on plane and your fuel consumption. :wink: