Linders angling edge on oln

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by knapperheadmatt, May 13, 2006.

1. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    the show today had a good segment on river catfish. good info on weights and floats. try to catch it.
    matt

2. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Linder is not realy in to catfishing so says he but Stange now there go a catfisherman deep down in his heart that other young fellow is pretty god also.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK SOME TIME

3. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I wish i could have caught that, I get so sick of walleye, bass, and crap it aint funny. but yes mr stange is a great catfishermen through and through I use to converse with him on occasion and he is just an awesome guy and as nice a friend as can be.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Darn, I missed it to.... I'll have to look for it.

5. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I wish they would do an entire show on catfishin, not just part of a segment.

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I agree!!!! My cable has been out for the past couple of days(only to the TV not my Internet connection). I'll have to look for it tomorrow when the cable guy comes. Maybe it will be Larry lol!!:big_smile:

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    In my area, NC, the program aires again on Tues. 5/16 at 5:00 AM

8. gcluney

gcluney New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i seen the show angling edge but i didnt catch the part on catfishing the rig they used with the circle hook for sturgein, catfish can someone explain what they used for this rig and how they riged it thank you.

9. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Ive always liked his show. They usually have good catfish info when its on. I too get tired of all the walleye content though. lol

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Linders do not promote catfish like Doug stange and Larry Dalhberg. That's why all 3 went their ways.

11. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    after the leader instead of one swivel they had 2, about 18 inches apart with a oval sliding weight inbetween, they said that when the weight hits the second swivel it will set the circle hook

12. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    gcluney they were using a bolt rig thats what carp fishermen call it they also call it a "death rig" because if you break off the fish is towing all this behind it until it gets snagged and it can' escape. another name for it is a slip set rig basically its 3 swivels and here's how it works coming down your line from the tip tie on a swivel, next attach any length line you'd like, pass that line through the second swivel, anmd tie the last swivel to the other end and to that swivel tie your hook any hook. thats a lot of hardware to be tossing into the typical river so here's a way to save a swivel pass your line through a swivel and tie a second one to the end of your line the hook goes on the swivel at the end and your sinker gets attached to the sliding swivel now once thats done simply pinch a split shot on your line between your rod tip and the sliding swivel and you have the same effect and if a fish hangs the sinker up it can pull free because the sinker isn't fixed between 2 swivels. hope this helps

13. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Stange is the best catfisherman I ever heard talk about it. The stories he wrote when he was fishing with his best bud Toad is some of the best ever told by anyone, I use to read them whenever I got cabin fever and have saved them to this day. Tight lines.

:cool2: