Lincoln Park

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CatCatcher, May 8, 2006.

1. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

Anyone ever do anygood at Lincoln Park?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lincoln park....? isnt that in kettering near fraze?

3. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

yep it sure is you ever fish there?

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My buddies feed carp there and then turn around and catch them on Bread Flies :roll_eyes: and about 3 years ago I think, some kid caught a 38 lb or something like that flathead on a minnow ( Im sure someone put it in there ) anyways it was in the paper and my buddy said it was a freaking zoo after that but there is no real cover there as my buddy tried to put some christmas trees out there durring the winter and about got arrested for it, they dont want no cover or anything someone would have to clean up later in there.

3-5 years ago, when I fished it, the gills were small when you could find them so I dont know how well it is fishing now but there really is a ton of local pressure there for panfish and carp, and the carp are generally less then 3 lbs since there are so many of them, The bigger ones youll see are Grass carp (white Amurs) and they will eat the bread too.

You ever get any cats there? I dont think I have even seen any bullheads there but Im sure there are some there.

Salmonid

5. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

One of my buddies claim that there are some Big Flatheads in there but I have never caught any out of there I seen a guy catch a small channel but thats about it as far as catfish.

6. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    the cat from my avatar thing is from lincoln park plus ive caught lots in the 30's, but please dont watse your time it is now fished so hard that the flats dont eat like normal, people catch them on bacon and corn and dumb stuff like that, 2 summers ago i caught alot but now theres too may people fishing it, theres still in there but dont bother trying bluegill, live shad or bull head anymore theyve seen so many of those they wont touch them!!! i used to catch um like crazy but not any more, so dont bother to waste your time, hit the river!!!

really unless you like not catching them FRUSTRATING

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i fished it some years ago for bullhead to use as bait, but that was before it started getting stocked with the flats from the pay-lakes. there are several ponds around that folks stock but like previously stated they get hammered! i seen a picture in the paper of a 55lb that came from there about 5 years ago. it is a shame that a fish has to live out the rest of his life in that type of setting (caught, re-caught, re-caught, die of starvation), but it does give folks, especially kids, opportunities to catch fish for free.

8. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    back when i was younger i used to channel catfish out there and did pretty well,i havent fished there in about 15 years.a buddy says thats where he gets his bluegills from says its packed with them

9. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats right up the street from my house and so many people hit it wioth throw nets, including me that you cant hardly get any bluegill

10. dead eye

dead eye New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have been puting cats in that place for 10 years now , there are a ton of small crappie in there. i work for the city of kettering and the pond did not have enough predators in it . it is full of shad . best bait hole around!. there is a 59 pound flatt head in there i just put in there . since it is against the law to put fish in the river, thats where they go . i do my best to clean out the pay lakes . i also put them in private ponds to clean up the blue gills . the kettering rec center has alot of good cats in there also . the real reason they dont hit normal cut baits and live gold fish and shad is there is to many of the bait fish in there . ... and like it was said before to much pressure . i have pulled out 13 fishing poles in 3 years , the best one was a abu-garcia 7000 on a loomis rod .$300 set up . it costed me $30 to clean it up , works great. i have saveral spots to fish for flatt heads around town . i will fish with any one

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey Rodney, did you happen to go to Dunbar High? i went to Dunbar and knew a Rodney way back who used to pay-lake and used to re-stock the flats also.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll vouch for dead eye. :haha:

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rodney,

We'll have to get back to fishign around here. With so much pressure & aggrvation that is involved with fishing, I'm thinking of fishign the pay ponds more. It's quicker & I don't have to be stressed out about where to go & stuff.

14. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    the pay lakes are ok, but not really sporting. they are however, great for kids, who often don't have the patience to river fish. not to mention the safety factor of ponds vs. rivers, when taking young children fishing. also, make sure to only visit ones who buy from fish farms. avoiding pay lakes that depleat the local rivers, and streams helps to curtail the practice of fish "hoarding"

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I serously doubt that I'd go to one, I guess I said that out of frustration more than anything.

16. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    sorry, accidental double post

17. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    i live close to a pay lake, and have fished it occaisionally, for fish to stock into the pond at home. i actually have caught some big brutes, bigger than my BOC PB catfish, but i don't really consider them caught fish, so i didn't list them.

18. dead eye

dead eye New Member

State:
    ohio
    i did go to bunbar for awhile . Hey Mellon How are ya bro . i have been catching smallies on the GMR . my biggest in 2 weeks is 3.5 lbs , caught it on a spinner bait , also i caught a 22 inch pike out of down town .

19. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Mellon and Dink we need to get out soon, and Rodney your invited too