Lincoln Lake in Quiver River State Park Questions

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Aug 22, 2009.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone in the area know if by chance there are any Flatheads in this lake? Just curious..Conservation site says bluegill,bass,and channels..But I am guessing someone along the lines has placed a few in here..Just curious..

2. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Hey Tim, good to see another Troy person on here... not heard of any flatheads ever taken from there but like you said who knows if someone would have put one in there... they stock it with channels and I hear tell that north/east cove seems to provide the best fishing for them :wink:... good luck and let us know how ya do out there.

3. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I do know,while swimming by the beach..Bring cheato's and you can almost hand feed the channels..It's awesome..I am heading there in the morning..I fished it tonight and was actually getting bites for the first time ever...I was using sonny's...So I am going to go try for real in the morning..Pleasure meeting you btw!! Just moved to Troy a few yrs ago..So I am still learning the fishing spots here..

4. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just got home..Caught a total of 6 channels..1 was a keeper..Weighed about 4-5lbs..Had a great time!

5. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    where was ya fishing? what was ya using?

6. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I live about 5 min. from that lake. I have fished it a few times several years ago without much luck. I put my boat in there one time but had the whole family with me so it turned into more of playtime than real fishing!! I had a kid in class several years ago that said he caught a lot of channels in the back of the North Eastern cove. I may have to give it another try!! :)

7. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I need to shut my mouth..I had the whole lake to myself for a few hours..lol..Here I am giving up good spots! lol..If you park by the beach,and walk down the right side of the swimming area just past the floating buoy and fish right past it..I was using sonny's on a dip worm..Good luck..But leave some for me..I also live 5 minutes from this lake and I now have a go to spot that's close.. :wink:

8. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    is that lake trolling motor only? or under 10hp? i might take the boat up there one day this week.wonder how often they stock it?

9. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Electric only...Not sure how often they stock..Good luck to you if you go!

10. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    went out to lincon lake today...caught a limit of channels. Threw out a 4 or 5 jugs lines with liver,didnt catch anything on them...I was however informed by the conservation agent that jugs are not allowed and got a nice lil ticket. I should have read the sign it WAS clearly posted "line n pole only".

First time using danny king's punch bait,and i gotta say its my new fav channel cat bait. That stuff stays on the hook like no other manufactured dip type bait i ever used. I even tried "punching" some bare circle hooks in there and the stuff stayed on. The kitties seemed to like it as well.

11. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    Almost forgot while the agent was writing me a ticket:embarassed: I did find out they stock the channels every other year, he said there are wayyy to many bass. The limit on bass is 12:crazy:

12. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah..caught 2 bass the other night on a barbie pole with my daughter.A bobber and nightcrawler..My boss at work said he knew a guy would go there quite often and catch his limit of bass every time he went..Sorry about the ticket..that sucks! How much is that going to set you back? Just curious..

13. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    wow:crazy: Just called about the ticket its going to be 277$!!!! You got to be kidding me...i didnt even catch a fish on a jug and even if i did i wouldnt have taken over my limit. It was my dumb mistake for not reading the sign but $277?Its been so long since i fished a little state park type lake like that i wasnt even thinking. Its not like i was trying to be a dick and fish out the lake....guess ill read the signs better on every body of water i go on..still $277 is crazy!

14. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    WOW! I thought maybe 50 bucks..But 277!! That's outragous!! Man I am sorry to hear that...

15. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    25-50 bucks is what i figured too. I did a lil research on mo huntin and fishing fines....

hunting deer without a deer tag-$225
    take over the limit of fish-$100 plus 15 per fish over
    take a deer or turkey from a roadway-$325
    take a deer with artificial light $375

I had 4 jugs out with chicken liver trying to catch a few 1-5 pound channel cats=$277 the more i think about it the more pissed i get..I wasn't just blatantly breakin the law,i would never do that,i just simply didnt know. Still my fault but compared to the other fines mine seems crazy.

The agent told me two people told him there was someone jug fishing the lake..wish them people would have said something to me a simple "hey did you know this is line n pole only" would have been great...eh sorry im ranting lol

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  16. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think your fine is plenty permission to rant all you want. I am all about conservation,but I think sometimes they get a little money hungry myself.It's tough times..Give a guy a break ya know? Just a bit excessive I think..Anyhow..

Went out to the same spot this morning..Got started later than I wanted..Caught 2,but should have been 3! One hit my pole so hard it snapped the dip worm right off the line..He was hooked good too..He rolled up to the top of the water where my bait was sitting and I got a small glimpse of him..Would have been a nice one..

17. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    i was there this morning too...where was ya at? That place gets alot of traffic on the weekend.

18. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just got back again..caught 2 eaters within 2 hours..I fish up by the beach area...Right next to the swimming area..You do any good?

19. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    I was in a little 14 foot flat bottom, yeah i got another limit nothing over 2 pounds though. Find a windy bank with submerged brush in about 5 foot of water and you wont be able to use more then one pole.

We can fish some spots i found up there in my boat sometime if ya want.Just let me know